Chapter 8: A Home?

"I'm Valka." She said.

"Oh," I was surprised this stranger was a woman. "I'm Raven, and this is my sister Asa."

"Well nice to meet you, I guess." She hesitated for a moment. "What were you doing in that cave? Where were your parents when you found those dragons?"

"We don't have parents. And no offence but: Shouldn't I be the one asking the questions. After all, It was you who just happened to know we were Shifters."

"I guess you're right about that. But I know a Shifter when I see one."

"How? When did you ever meet a Shifter?"

She sighted and stroked her Stormcutter. "Because...." She looked back at us. "I am a Shifter."

"Wha-What!"

"Yes. But of course, my power has faded away as I got older. It was gone right after I-" Her eyes watered and she put her head in her hand. "Right after I had my son."

"You're a mother?"

"I used to be." She looked back at us. 

"Why, what happened? I mean-its fine if you don't want to tell me-that's ok."

"That would be best thank you." She whipped away her tears.

".....What did your village do when they found out?"

"They never did."

"Lucky you.....What have you been doing all this time with your dragons?"

"Well, I rescue them....from dragon trappers."

"You what?! We literally just got rid of a trapper!"

"Really? What was his name? I know almost every trapper from Hopeless to Misery Mountain."

"Eret."

"Ah, the new guy. Clever little jerk he is. Am I right?"

"Absolutely." I smiled.

------------------------------------

Valka lead us into her home, and took her armor off. 

"Wow, you did all this?" I said.

"Yes. It took a while, but all I really need is some food, water and a place to sleep." 

"Yeah, I guess so. But this is like a full on house."

"Thank you....I think."

A few minutes went by, and not a word was said, until Valka said: "Hungry?"

Asa gave a hard nod, and ran over to Valka, who us her out of her home. She got on her Stormcutter, who she calls Cloudjumper, and flew off, while me and Asa flew behind her. She lead us to what appeared like....the middle of no where, basically the open ocean. Yet, the other dragons who fallowed along must have known where we were because they didn't say they were confused or anything. I don't know! I'm just going with the flow.

"Hey, I thought we were going to eat." I said.

"Oh, we are." She turned around, and put her hand out to us, telling us to stop. She smiled and glanced down at the sea below us.

The Bewliderbeast burst out of the water, spitting out thousands of fish. Dragons flew and dashed all around us catching the fish in they're mouths.

"Ok that's kinda gross but-"  Asa darted by me, cutting me off and before I knew it she had a mouth full of fish too. "Alright Asa, if you wanna eat regurgitated fish, I'm fine with that." I smiled, a bit sarcastically.

Was life really this easy for dragons here? How is it that Valka could live with dragons so long that she has this incredible bond with them? Was this it? Was this the place I've-we've been looking for for almost our whole lives? A home? Our Home.