sixteen.

Few days later...

Y/n's POV

We were back in Seoul and I have been spending my time in the hospital with my parents, I was getting worried as they haven't gotten any better. I was giving my mom a massage when my phone 'dinged'.

From: Jongho 🍎

Hey, I just wanted to ask which hospital Mr and Mrs Choi are in and if I could visit them today.

I smiled as I read his message, replying him with the information as he confirmed that he would drop by later. "Mom and dad, I found Jongho and he is coming over to visit you guys! Please wake up soon, I'm sure you want to meet him too." I spoke excitedly to my parents, knowing they will hear me as I shared my previous encounters with them.

Soon after, a knock came from the door as it opened slowly. "Hello. I brought food just in case you haven't eaten any." Jongho spoke softly, showing the bag of food he had been carrying. "Thank you, I was about to go get food." I thanked him as he placed it on the table, unpacking it for us both.

We had small chats while eating together, sitting next to my parents' bed once we're done and sharing our childhood memories with each other since we didn't grow up together. I found myself smiling as he spoke about his fond memories with his foster family as well as with the boys, still not believing that he was actually here with me to visit our parents.

However, I was still a little sad about something... "Y/n-ssi?" He called as he stared at me with round eyes. "Huh? What is it?" I asked him as I snapped out from my thoughts. "I think I saw Mrs. Choi's finger move." He whispered, obviously shocked but quickly regained himself as he ran out to get the doctor.

Jongho and I waited outside the room patiently as I fiddled with my fingers. "They will be fine. It could be a sign that she's waking up soon." Jongho patted my shoulder gently with a small smile, his gesture made me feel warm as I nodded. "There seems to be improvement in Mrs. Choi's health, it's possible that she may regain consciousness soon. As for Mr. Choi, there aren't any obvious signs yet, but we'll keep them in check more frequently." The doctor informed before leaving us to our parents again. 

Over the next few days, Jongho came over from time to time, sometimes accompanied by his members. It was a Friday when Jongho came over with Seonghwa, Yunho and Wooyoung, bringing food with them as usual and it was like any other day where we talked over random stuff while looking over my parents.

"How have you been, Y/n-ah? You look tired." Seonghwa's soft voice asked as his eyebrows knitted together slightly. "I'm fine but I am tired, not going to lie." I chuckled, and it was true. I have been spending more time in the hospital ever since my mother had showed signs of waking up, not wanting to miss the moment if it happens.

"You should get some rest, or else you're gonna look like a panda soon." Wooyoung joked before receiving a slap on his shoulder by Seonghwa, making the rest of us laugh at him and that was how I ended up getting forced to take a nap on the couch that was at the corner of the ward.

"Y/n? Wake up, your mother's fingers moved again!" Yunho's voice was hushed but excitement was evident as he shook me awake lightly, and that was when I realized I had fell asleep on his shoulder. My head was still on his shoulder as I tried to process his words, still half asleep.

"What?! Really?" I jumped out of my seat and immediately joined Jongho who was seated next to my mother's bed. "Yeah, her fingers moved again. I think she'll wake up soon." Jongho spoke, turning to face me. "She must know that you're here, Jongho-ah." I smiled, patting his hair as he gave me a small smile in response.

Evening came and I was left with Jongho in the ward as the others had went out to get refreshments for us. "Y/n noona! Mrs. Choi seems to be waking up!" Jongho called, standing up to get a closer look as I once again rushed towards my mother's side and he was right. Mom had started to stir, her eyes slowly opening and a soft smile appeared on her face as her eyes met mine.

"Hello, mom. The doctor is coming soon, hold on." I informed her as tears started to well up in my eyes, relief washing over me as I saw mom regaining her consciousness. The other boys returned just as Jongho came running with the doctor.

"Jongho-ah! Mom's awake!" My tears streamed down the moment I saw my brother, bringing him into a hug. "That's great." He whispered and returned the hug, as the others joined after a while. "And did you finally call me noona just now?" I asked the younger boy who avoided my eyes and his hyungs' curious eyes. "I guess...sorry I was panicking seeing that Mrs. Choi was moving." Jongho muttered, causing everyone to break into huge grins.

"Why are you apologizing, dumbass? You SHOULD be calling her noona and also start calling Mrs. and Mr. Choi 'mom' and 'dad' from now. Imagine how happy everyone will be just because of small actions like these." Yunho said while ruffling their maknae's hair fondly. "I will try my best...noona."

With that, I cried even more.

heyyo! new chap is up :)

ateez's comeback is near omggg can't wait for their mv and albums!!

pls keep supporting them!

sry if I can't update often as sch has started :( I'll try my best!

keep voting and commenting! love hearing from you guys <3

~thedouble_a (24/7/20)