Chapter 12

'Caring about others, running the risk of feeling, and leaving an impact on people, brings happiness."

Harold Kushner

"So what brings you here, Nedim Abi? Can I call you Abi?" Zainab was very excited

"Of course, Zainab, right?" Nedim said laughing

"Yes, Zainab," and she giggled.

"Actually, we have a project, The Resort City, it's one hour away from here, and I will be in charge of the work."

"WOW, The Resort City, Ceren, you are husband so rich and Handsome too?" Ceren rolled her eyes as she played with her food.

"Zainab let the boy finish his food," Aunt Jamila said

"It's ok, Aunt, "Nedim replied, laughing.

"Do you want more salad, son?"

"No, thanks, Aunt."

Ceren was observing what was happening in front of her like a movie, and like she wasn't there at all, then she felt his eye on her, their eyes meet, he had a smirk in his, for few second they kept it looking at each other, then he gave his attention back to Zainab. They were laughing and talking.

' Who is this guy? Is this the Nedim that I knew? He is more confident, charming, and funny. I have never seen this side of him? He never acted like this with me; he always gave me his angry side' Ceren rolled her eyes in her mind, 'it's always the tough said to Ceren, anyway I need to go, I had enough of this comedy.'

"Thank you for the lunch Aunt, I would go now, so I will not be late for the evening shift," Ceren said and stood with difficulty.

"Ok, Dear, but don't you have a doctor's appointment today ?" Ceren didn't want Nedim to know that.

"Doctor appointment? I will take you to it, " Nedim quickly said and  stood  up; without looking at him, Ceren said

"No need, I can go alone."

"No, I will go with you now, " Nedim said and came near her; Ceren controlled her anger and looked at him.

"I am not going now; the appointment is at 4 pm."

"Then, I will pick you up at 4."

"Great, "she said without looking at him and was out of the door.