Chapter 41: Welcome Party

Another day, another work.

As I pass down the hallway in the pack house I notice that everyone is busy. Is there something I missed to know?

I just shake it off and went outside breathing a fresh air. I went to the training ground even though that it is already finished but I love the place. Not because I love fighting.

I then saw Luke in the corner part of the training ground that is near in the opening of the forest. I walk farther towards him and I am about to call his name when all of the sudden the next event make me shock.

I involuntarily put my hands in my mouth.

“What are you looking at?” startle at the voice I look behind me and saw Jason.

“Nothing” I answer more quickly. Then I realize what is happening behind me.

“Let’s go inside” I said pushing him to walk but he wouldn’t budge that’s why I look at him seriously.

“Let’s go” I said again with now, an authority in my voice and he started moving.

“What’s that all about?” he asks while we started to walk.

“Nothing” I said shaking my head.

“You’re weird”

“You’re weirder than I am” I counter.

“By the way what do you want?”

“Alpha wanted to talk to you in his office” he said. I nodded at him.

While we are walking to Caden’s office my mind went back to the scenery of Luke and Wendy kissing.

I think they sort off things now, which is good. And beside they are so cute together, not to mention that they were both young. Young and wild. I snicker to my idea making Jason look at me.

“You really weird right now” he commented but I shut let it slide. I am happy and no one can destroy it for now.

We enter Caden’s room and I instantly sit in the chair in front of his table. He look at me from the papers his working. Jason seated across from me.

“What’s up?” I ask.

“You look happy” he commented not minding my question by I just shrug my shoulders.

“By the way I called you hear to let you know that my parents, the former alpha and luna of this pack will arrive. And as you can notice, everyone is busy. We are going to have a welcome party for them this evening of their arrival from their vacation in Spain” he explain making me look at him in awe.

“Wow” I said out of words.

“Thanks for the early announcement” I continue making them both snicker and while I just rolled my eyes at them.

I am going to meet Caden’s parents. Not really a tensing idea.

“They are going to love you” Caden commented.

“I don’t care if they will like me or not” I said but the truth is I am very tense right now.

“I am going to my room to prepare. I don’t want them to have bad impression towards us vamps” and that being said I went to my room and called Luke though telepathy.

Even though I know his busy I really need him right now. He have all the time in the world after this.

When Luke came I keep pacing in my room.

What if they won’t like me? Or the idea that me, being a vamp, as their son’s mate? What if they forbid me to see Caden? Are they going to be kind to me?

“Woah, easy there. You look like you have the biggest problem in the world” he commented making me roll my eyes.

“Well if you just learned that you are going to meet your mate’s parent tonight who do you think will be in their calmest state?” I ask irritated.

“So you just call me here to rant about that?”

“No, I just want you know that we need to be in our best attitude to please the former alpha king and queen” I said seating in the bed.

“Well I think it’s only you who needed to be really in their best to impress them”

“I don’t need to impress them to have their blessings or something on us being mates”

“I mean because you’re the known queen of the vamps” he said stopping his self to stop smiling making me look at him angrily throwing the pillow I can get.

“You jerk” I shouted and keep throwing the poor pillows until there’s no left.

“What should I do?” I said after I calmed down.

“Just be yourself” he said and bid good bye saying that he also need to prepare but I know he is just going Wendy.

But before he can even leave I ask him to be my date tonight, he looks hesitant. Then I realize that maybe he’s going with Wendy that’s why I just told him that I’m fine without a date.

I am an adult and not a kid anymore so there is no need to be accompanied with someone.

With that being in mind I started to prepare myself.

~*~*~*~*~

The party takes place in the garden of the pack house. It is wide enough to hold a party with thousands of visitors, not to mention that the pack house is also decorated for the party.

There is a red carpet in the center of the garden. Tables were situated in the side and in the front are long table for the former leader of the pack. There were also light in the trees. The visitors started arriving and I still didn’t saw anyone I am familiar with, even Luke.

Caden is already given that I might not see him right now because he is the first welcome his parents.

I am just wearing a simple blue with a red lining in the edge of the dress. I also tie my hair into a messy bun and put a light make up.

I just watch the scenery in front of me in the corner of the garden. I really love being in a party. Note the sarcasm.

A minute later I spotted Wendy and Luke walking together entering the garden. When he saw me, he pulls Wendy in my direction.

Wendy is wearing a simple pink dress. She looks very beautiful.

“I’m glad you already arrive. I feel like sleeping here if the two of you didn’t come” I said making them laugh.

I went to Wendy and give her a small hug which she returned.

“I didn’t know that the two of you are close. So you’re the reason why Luke declined my offer of being my date tonight” I said and laugh but I think I just make an awkward situation especially to Wendy. She looks away while Luke shoot me  a glare which I return.

“Let me formally introduce you two, Wendy this is Claire, the vamp general and also my adopted mother. Claire, this is Wendy my mate” he introduce.

Wendy’s shock face makes me smile.

“Nice meeting you sweety. I hope Luke is not giving you a hard time as your mate”

We just talk about the things, like how I adopted Luke and about her and Luke being mates.

It was just stop when the MC announces that the former leaders arrive. The spotlight was focus in the opening of the garden and everyone stand up redy to greet their former alpha king and queen luna.

Here we goes.