Chapter 1

I'm sorry this isn't edited, bare with me

~~~~~~~~

“-and don’t you dare come back.” My foster mother yelled from the door as my girlfriend quickly ran away.

Next she turned on me, eyes bloodshot, and tired. “I’ve told you Kyle, never, ever are to bring a girl home, unless I am here.”

It was me – and my girlfriends- three month anniversary, and you know… Fawn and I were so passionate that we hadn’t heard anything. Of course there are definitely some pros and cons, to hearing, most of them working in my favor. One con is having your foster mom walking in when you’re only wearing your boxer’s, and your girlfriends half naked. Obviously after this encounter of course you know that your girlfriends will be forever scarred, and that she’ll never want to come over again.

I walk past my foster mom’s angry structure and slam the door to my bedroom shut.

Plopping down on my bed I slouch against the bed frame, look around and think: we definitely weren’t poor. Lindy (my foster mother) worked her @ss off.

Lind wanted to make the point that she was not a hooker. (Horrible right?) Just because her late husband millionaire. Of course with the assumptions, you connect the dots, and now you’re probably thinking that she killed him…but that isn’t true.

Lindy worked as a nurse. It didn’t pay much – with this economy- but it made her point clear, and precise. We lived in a small town as well, so rumors spread fast, and I was betting that by tomorrow everyone would be talking about my girlfriend running away from the house, if not tomorrow then they’d already be talking about it right now. To prove my suspicions my phone starts vibrating decide to ignore it, but pick up the phone, and see my friend Chad’s face splay across the screen.

“Hi.”

“Hey bro!” Chad says cheerfully through the phone.

“Did you have a purpose to calling?” I didn’t mean to seem rude, but apparently I did because he took an extra long pause before he spoke again.

“So you and Fawn?” He asks.

“No, but by tomorrow you’ll know – and the whole town will know- that my foster mom came into the room…when we…you know….” I trail off knowing that he’ll get it since I’m too embarrassed to give details.

I hear Troy laughing on the other side of the phone, it’s evident he’s trying to hide it, but he doesn’t do a very good job.

“Wow I wish my three month anniversary was as exciting as yours.”

“Thanks.” I reply dryly.

“No problem, hey at least you have a girl!”

“True. But even if you could get a girl, you’d pass the opportunity.” Chad’s gay, so I know he won’t take offense.

“How do you know? Maybe I’m bi-sexual and I just haven’t told anyone.”

“Sure, like you wouldn’t tell me!”

“True, true, well I gotta go man, talk to you later, and I want to hear the whole story.”

“K bye.”

As a hang up the phone I’m suddenly overcome with tiredness and drift to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I trudge to class, barely having gotten any sleep at all. Even though I fell asleep at 7:30, the nightmares still got to me, and I kept waking up screaming my lungs off. I could tell Lindy was annoyed, by my constant screaming every night, but she didn’t come to comfort me anymore…at least not anymore. I know that she wanted to, but I was a man, and I didn’t need comfort…or a mom none the less.