Girl Code

After breakfast the next day, Y/N stood, stretching.

    "Y/N-" North went to say, but was cut off by SH.

      "Nope! Y/N's ours today." The white province snatched Y/N by the forearm, dragging her from the dining hall, while North growled at her.

      "Bye!" Hae shouted, slamming the door.

     "Um, what's going on?" Y/N asked as they crammed into the elevator, South Pyongan slamming the button to go up.

      "You're going to tell us about your date!" SH exclaimed.

      "Or face the consequences," South Pyongan said, slamming her fist into her palm.

     That was how Y/N found herself in the bath, with three excitable provinces interrogating her.

     "What'd ya eat?"

      "Was it romantic?"

     "Did you have- Hey!"

     South Pyongan ducked away as SH splashed water at her.

     "Some provinces need to respect other's privacy," SH said primly. "By the way, Y/N-" She leaned over to Y/N's basin, clasping both of her hands in her own.

      "It was not me who put that thing in your purse. It was South Pyongan." The province looked at her with wide white eyes. "Please believe me, I would never try to embarrass you like that."

      Y/N looked at South Pyongan, who rolled her eyes, and said, "I wasn't trying to embarass her. Have neither of you heard of safe sex?"

     Hae squealed and clapped her hands over the sides of her head, sloshing water everywhere. "Yuck! Don' say that, Pyo!"

     "Yeah," Y/N said to SH, who was still holding her hands. "I believe you."

      "That's a relief," SH sighed, letting go, and sliding down in her tub.

    "By the way," Hae chirped. "What was that sign you made to us last night?"

     "What sign?" Y/N tipped her head.

     "This one." Hae stuck up her middle finger, flipping Y/N off.

     For a moment, she thought that the farming province was joking, but all three of them were looking at her with curious eyes.

     "O-Oh, haha." Y/N rubbed the back of her head nervously.

    'I guess that flipping someone off isn't universal.'

      "It's basically, like saying... um." She bit her lip, trying to decide how to translate 'fuck off.' "It's like telling someone to stop what they're doing, or go away, but in a- in a rude way. Sorry."

      "Ohhhhh." SH nodded wisely. "Like saying 'I hope you choke and die.'"

      Hae quickly plunged her hand into the water, as if washing away the rude gesture.

      "Sorry, for, um..." Y/N blushed. "Doing that to you guys last night."

     "Oh no- South Pyongan definitely deserved it," SH reassured her.

      South Pyongan flipped her cousin off. "That's it, right?" she asked Y/N.

     'Oh no, what have I done?' Y/N thought.

     "Y-Yeah, that's it."

     The blue province laughed, sliding her legs up the side of the tub. "I'm definitely using that on North Hamgyong."