Chapter 5 The Morning After

(F/C) = Favorite Color
(F/A) = Favorite Animal
(L/F/F) = Least Favorite Food

Owen was a simple man, who lived for the simple pleasures. Sometimes that happens to be just a nice drink on a hot day, sometimes that's getting shit faced in a bar with his friends.

Last night had been the latter, he can't remember why he wanted to get drunk but some how it happened. A groan left his lips as he shifted in bed listening to the springs of the mattress from underneath that moved with him.

His head was killing him, he felt like his brain was pounding against his skull about to break out. Maybe last night was a bad idea. Owen sat up a bit trying to remember just what had happened last night.

Mm let's see.

Owen thought to himself as he rubbed his eyes running through last night. Well he went to the bar with you and Barry trying to get to know you better. Barry left after a while leaving just you and him. You both started really talking and...he can't remember anything past you laughing at a joke he made.

"Great." Owen grumbled to himself shaking his head before wincing. Probably better not to shake his head. Looking at his nightstand Owen reached for his phone only to stop as a sudden thought made its home in his head.

How did I get home last night.

Frantically Owen looked down to see if he still had his clothes on finding that he indeed did. Well except for his vest but that wasn't a big deal. Nothing else was missing. Besides shoes anyway.

Okay so I didn't sleep with (Y/N)...

Owen sighed a bit in relief.

Not that I wouldn't want to.

His eyes narrowed at himself at that thought. He was your boss not to mention that you two just became friends. Like he's gonna fuck it up by throwing the moves on you so fast.

Not that I'd mind teasing (Y/N)-

Oh, he needs to stop thinking it's killing his head. Regardless he was still clueless as to how he got home last night. He guessed maybe you called Barry? As Owen continued reaching for his phone he stopped seeing a glass of water with some medicine next to it.

What the-

His mind was cut off from the cuss as a soft knock echoed against the door and soon you walked in. You seemed to stop seeing him awake and immediately looked away clearing your throat.

"Oh, didn't know you were awake." You seemed, embarrassed. So you brought him home but did you guys...do something?

"Uh, yeah." Owen grumbled a bit reaching for the water and pills while you took a moment to recollect yourself.

"I've ordered you some breakfast and called in to let Barry know that you'll be late. I've also arranged on getting your motorcycle back here..." you trailed off looking back at him seeing his expression.

"I would of been fine, you didn't have to do that." Owen rubbed his eyes a bit unaware that his voice was deeper from the fact he had just woken up.

"I know," you cleared your throat seeming like you were trying desperately to relax, "but you were kind of a mess last night so I decided you needed some extra help."

"Oh god what did I do?" Owen groaned,  seeming to cringe at the thoughts of all the embarrassing things he did that flashed in his mind as possibilities.

"Nothing bad don't worry sleeping beauty." You joked a bit taking the now empty glass of water from the night stand.

"You were just laughing and being a little suggestive at worst. You got sick though last night, I cleaned up the vomit in the living room but you spent the rest of the evening throwing up in the toilet....Actually I found you passed out when I came back in to check on you. So I cleaned you up and got you into bed. I was gonna leave but you asked me to stay." As you spoke Owen felt himself wanting to sink down to the floor in embarrassment but just found himself looking at you slightly amused.