Chapter 3 Hoskins

Running, you're running. Heavy breaths escape your lips as you dashed through the thick forest behind two younger boys who seem equally as terrified as you were. Staggering to a stop, the three of you nearly falling off a cliff side and you knew options were wearing thin. You looked down at the lake below quickly looking behind you hearing the monster letting out a roar that shook the trees as it echoed.

"We have to jump." You turned quickly speaking looking between both younger boys you couldn't make out the faces of.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

"I don't-I don't think I can jump."

Both boys argued back at the idea and you took both hands in your own giving a reassuring smile.

"We jump together, we'll make it trust me. Now when I say so we jump." You ordered at the end looking between both boys as they nodded unsure at this idea but decided to listen regardless.

"3." Your voice quivered as the ground began to shake.

"2." Your eyes glanced behind you seeing the trees starting to be violently thrown to the side.

"Jump!" Rushing forward with both boys you jumped down feeling the air pushing past your face to your hair, and just before you hit the water.

"(Y/N)."

You sat up quickly nearly knocking your head against the computer in front of you blinking away your sleepiness. Owen stood there amused with how you woke up.

"Hey sleeping beauty, don't tell me you spent all night last night in my office." Owen grabbed a drink from the mini fridge he kept in the office cracking it open before taking a sip beads of sweat already forming on his head from the hot sun outside. You rubbed your eyes shaking your head with a huff. You've been working here for about 3 weeks now, and you had decided last night you needed to file all these papers before the end of the month. So needless to say the mess of the office no longer was mostly paper work.

"More or less." You muttered fixing your hair with a sigh.

"It's my job to keep you up to date on things. Some of the paper work I had to file was 4 months old!" You huffed as you stood up gathering the loose papers you left on the desk making a face as you picked up one that was now wet from your drool.

Great I'll have to retype that.

With that bitter thought you threw it away ignoring Owen's almost concerned gaze.

"Didn't realize I had stuff that old laying around." Owen muttered as he scratched the side of his face the scruff of his facial hair causing it to make more noise than if it was just his skin.

These past three weeks have worked you down to the bone. Not that you minded actually you enjoyed the work! Your favorite part so far is being able to feed the girls. But that doesn't mean it isn't exhausting. You're used to long days of walking but not like this.

"Oh, before I forget," you sat back down in the swivel chair neatly placing the papers you picked up into a folder and gently pushed it to the side, "a man by the name of Hoskins? I think anyway, is dropping by today for your end of month check up. He's sent an email to me explaining what he's going to be doing today and how he's going to be grading your performance."

You looked away from the computer rereading the email that had been sent to you early this morning, you don't think you're gonna like this Hoskins guy anyway. In his email he asked you to keep, and you quote 'your pretty little face close to the kitchen in case the real men get hungry.' Regardless it was business even if he was being a sexist jackass. You looked away from the email upon hearing a frustrated grunt.