Chapter 2

“Happy Birthday to you……! Happy birthday dear Briana……..!!”

I slowly open my eyes and I could see Katniss, Layla and Edward standing around my bed and singing for me.

"Happy 20th birthday Sweet heart! "

"Thank you guys!! "

I blew the candles and cut my cake with some of it getting smashed upon my face .It was a wonderful beginning of my 20th birthday.

Yes it has been 6 years since I have become a part of this wonderful family. My life has changed drastically. I am no more that 14 year old girl who had no idea of her future, who was torn apart by sorrows and loss.

With memories and thoughts racing through my mind I got ready for college.

I went downstairs and Katniss tackled me in a bear hug.

"Today’s your day. Ask whatever you want and its right beneath your foot highness!." And she bowed saying this.

I gave her a smile and said “Promise me no matter what you’ll always be there by my side.”

"You don’t have to ask that! " Katniss replied hugging me again.

Katniss indeed is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She is more than my best friend and I don’t think I would have loved even my blood sister as much as I love Katniss. For the past 6 years she has always been by my side in all situations and has given me the courage to live. Our sisterly moment was ruined by Layla.

“Enough girls you’re already late!” shouted Layla and opened the front door.

Katniss frowned and shouted back "Mom! You always have to spoil happy moments!  "

But very soon we found ourselves walking towards the university gate.

People of my class bombarded me with wishes and hugs as I entered my class along with Katniss.

Most of the students were humans as the city we lived in wasn’t inhabited by werewolves. In fact I think Edward and I are the only ones living in the town. We kept switching towns and cities for the first 3 years until we found this one were werewolves are rarely spotted. This was to ensure that our secret was kept unexposed. I didnt mind keeping my little secret to myself but I always felt guilty I was hiding the truth about me and Edward from Katniss. Many at times I wanted to open up to her about who I really was but I couldn’t break my promise made to Edward. But one day I hope I would be able reveal the truth.

The day at university was about to end, but at the time of goodbye, my friends revealed that they had a party arranged just for me at the local bar.

It was almost 8 and Katniss kept banging my door from 6, asking me to get ready.

“I am sure the bar would have been shut by now, maids would have cleaned it and people would have left...!” she said irritated.

“Calm down baby! I am ready!” I said opening my door.

“Finally!! You’re out after a decade!!”

We got into the car and Katniss drove me to the bar.

We both entered the bar and suddenly… a strong scent hit me, but the scent was toxicating, irresistible I wanted to search for it. But my wolf started screaming “MATE “.

Hope the chapter was good!  :)

But the story is just starting and I promise it ll become better in future.  :)