The Note

Diana's apartment, Paris.

"Je t'enverrai le rapport bientôt, Diana." ("I will send you the report soon, Diana.")

"Très bien alors. Merci, Antoinette." ("Very well then. Thank you, Antoinette.")

"De rien. Bonne nuit, patronne." ("You're welcome. Good night, Boss.")

"Bonne nuit." ("Good night.")

Diana hung up the call. It was such a tiring day for her as an antiques dealer. For hours, she had been checking out the item's details and answering calls from several collectors and her colleagues. Thank Hera, she finished her work as soon as she received Antoinette's e-mail.

"Hm. The Rose Gold. Elizabethan era medallion that symbolizes femininity," Diana mumbled while she was sipping a warm cup of herb tea.

WHOOOSHH

The breezing night wind of Paris was blowing, fulfilling her room. All her letters and documents were blown away from her desk. With such patience, Diana closed and locked the windows and started picking them up. Just then, a piece of letter caught her very attention. A handwritten note she got from her alter ego, the so called 'Bat of Gotham' after receiving her lost photograph.

I found the original. Maybe one day you'll tell me your story.

All of a sudden, the Lasso of truth that was contained inside a glass cabinet with her armor in the corner of the room... glowed. The glow caught her sight, as if it wanted to reveal something. Then, Diana took a deep breath and went outside to her balcony. There, she looked up the starry night sky.

"If the truth was told instead of a lie, I shut myself off the world for decades and I did that for... Steve, yet now you are the ONLY one who pulled me out... to be the beacon and inspiration that the world needs..."

She really could feel the warmth that brought her peace whenever and wherever she was around him. Her heart was beating fast.

"By the Gods... Bruce... I..." For the first time, she found herself puzzled in defining what she felt.