| Please Choose, Us Princess | Story

Bright blue sky that easily brings drowsiness within my mind, but is disturbed by the loud chattering from the students surrounding the school as the last bell has rang signalling the end of school. Sighing, I rise up from the roof floor I was laying on before looking down from the six story building. The voices of the students ring in my ears as the sensation feels like they're right beside me gossiping, but they aren't. They're miles away and yet I can still hear them loud and clear. The new bakery down the street. The new game that was released last night. The homework due tomorrow. 

Brushing my hair back, I stand up before allowing a few stretches to release the tension on my muscles. This insane hearing isn't the only ability I have and it just continues to make me question what I am. Within my whole lifetime, I still haven't figured out the reason for my uncommon hearing. Whenever I spake with a doctor, they think I'm crazy only causes more isolation from this norm society. 

Exiting the roof, I jump down the flight of stairs without even a bead of sweat or pain until I reach the first floor. The crowds of student has fleeted from this building leaving the small occasion of adults that barely come out of the teachers' office. Without anyone spotting my unusual physic abilities, I head to my locker to grab the only belongings I bring to school. Switching my black loafers to my converse, I also grab the bag I left inside due to the drag of not wanting to head back to the classroom and possibly having to face a lecture for skipping classes again. 

I'm a good student, academic-wise but not attendance-wise. Having to attend class can only bring headaches as gossips will be directed towards me only causing annoyance. A yawn escapes me as I exit the building and begin my journey back to my house. It's only a few streets away and no one walks even a street nearby due to the story of the cursed house. I can't blame them to be in fear though having heard that the haunted house is where suspicious activities happen. 

"Yuugi-chan!" A voice grabs my attention to find an elderly woman greeting me.

Smiling, I can't help but give a slight nod, "Elizabeth, it's nice to see you today. I haven't seen you for a while."

"Ah yes, it has! My husband has been complaining about wanting to eat my homemade pork cutlet rice bowls and you know I can't really say 'no' to him especially when he begs. So since this street has the best pork, I came here." she sighs with a smile on her face.

I can't help but release a chuckle as I slightly miss these stories about her husband.

She smiles before checking the time and gasping, "Oh my, it's so late now. I shall get going if we're going to have dinner. Be careful on your way home, okay sweetheart?" 

"Will do." I nod before watching her float away.

Yes, float away. Elizabeth is a ghost, more specifically a stranded ghost. From what I was told, there's world called 'Fallen Ground'. The 'Fallen Ground' is where creatures similar to Elizabeth resides in. The citizens of that world can appear in this world through a portal, which creatures like Elizabeth use for their own desires. When I asked her more information about it, she told me it would be dangerous if I knew more so I didn't dig more into it. 

But from my knowledge, there are superstitious creatures from her world. Meaning vampires, werewolves, hell hounds, and many more as they are a race/community themselves. When I learned that, it wasn't shocking as I knew that we humans aren't the only ones residing. 

Arriving at the end of the deserted street, I look up to building in front of me. The cursed house stands before me on the top of the hill. A forest interrupts the path towards it as I easily make my way through the eerie nature. I don't even flinch a bit hearing the crunch of branches and the sounds of animal growls.