Chapter 5

Emma's pov

I walk straight into the house and grab my shirt and shorts. I check the time on my phone; 11:45. All I want to do is leave but I know Lauren and Cece won't want to. I slip my clothes back on and walk out of the room. I stumble down the stairs not knowing where to put my feet. My vision is blurred and I'm feeling light headed. I really just need to lie down, but I want to go home. I walk outside to my car and sit there.

Hey I wanna go home :( I text Cece and Lauren in a group convo.

Why? What's wrong? Lauren asks.

I'll explain later I send fast.

Uhh I'm busy with someone right now, I'll get a ride home later.....sorry Cece sends.

I'll be at the car in 5 Lauren sends making me feel relieved.

I sit on the car hood waiting for Lauren to come. I can't believe he called me sweetheart when he knew that was my weakness. While I'm sitting there still mad at Cameron, Nash runs over to me. "Hey is everything okay?" He says looking worried. "Yeah I'm just going home," I say softly. "Did I do something wrong?" He asks. "No, no, it wasn't you, just someone else brought up some bad memories and I feel like going," I say looking down. "I understand," he says. He hands me his phone and says, "text me?" I take his phone and put my number in his contacts. Then he texts my number and I add his contact. "Just text me when you get home, okay?" He says walking backwards. "I will don't worry Nash," I say giggling. He smiles and walks back to the house.

Just as Nash leaves my view, Lauren walks up to the car. "Hey is everything okay?" She asks catching her break. "I'll explain in the car," I say walking to the passenger seat. Lauren starts the engine and we back out of the driveway and onto the road. "So why did you want to leave?" She asks focusing on the road. "Well I was having a fun night with Nash, you know the new guy. But then he introduced me to his friend. You wouldn't believe who it was," I say looking at her. "Who was it?" She asks glancing at me. "Cameron," I spit out. I see her eyes widen and her jaw drop. "Holy shit," is all she manages to say.

"What if Nash knows?" She asks wide eyes facing the dark road. "I don't know what I'm gunna do," I say, "I don't think he knows though." Lauren pulls up into my driveway and we walk inside my house. "Can you stay the night?" I ask. "Yeah of course," she says with a smile. We slip on some sweatpants and sports bras and chill in my room. I out the notebook in and we sit on my bed. "Are you worried?" She asks as I try to focus on the movie. "I don't know, I mean if Nash knows......I don't know what I'm gunna do," I say looking into her eyes. "Well let's just pray he doesn't know and that cameron won't tell him," she says. After the small conversation we finish the movie and pass out on my bed.
~
A foot digs into my back, as my back arches I open my eyes. The sunlight coming through my window burns and I turn over to face Lauren. She was squirming all night. I didn't sleep that well anyway with all the thoughts of Nash and Cam.

I throw a pillow at Lauren's face and she groans. "What time is it," she asks sitting up and yawning. I check my phone, "12:46." We both get up and get dressed. I put on a black crop top and denim shorts with my white high top converse. Lauren wears a skater skirt and a black crop top. We apply some makeup and get out phones. "What are we doing today?" I ask. "I don't know, but I'm hungry," she says placing her hand on her stomach. "Chipotle?" I ask easing an eyebrow. "Yes!" She squeals in excitement.

We drive to chipotle in town and park the car. As we walk in, I see Nash sitting at a table with some unknown friends. I check for Cameron, he's not there. Thank god he's not. I smile at him when we make eye contact. He stands up and leaves his group. "Hey Emma," he says getting closer. "Hey, Nash this is Lauren, Lauren this is Nash," I say. They exchange a wave and Nash turns back to me. "Let me buy you ladies lunch," he says smirking. "Nash, it's fine you don't have to do that," I say. "Oh but yes I do," he says. Lauren and I order our food and Nash pays.

Lauren and I take a seat at a different table away from Nash's group. Nash grabs my arm and whispers, "can we talk out side for a second?" I look at Lauren and say "I'll be right back." She lets out a laugh and I join Nash outside. "Yes?" I ask smiling, leaning against the wall of chipotle. "I don't really know how to say this, so I'm just gunna say it." He says looking down. "I really like you Emma ," he says causing me to blush, "will you go out with me?" He bites his lip and looks at me in the eyes. "Hmm....let me think about it," I say biting my lips and brushing my hands over his broad chest. I look him in the eyes and say, "yes." His eyes light up and he shows off his white teeth. "I'll pick you up at eight?" He asks. "Where will you be taking me?" I ask with a slight giggle. "It's a surprise, but dress fancy," he says winking. He walks back inside and I join Lauren again.

"What did he say?" She asks staring at me. "He asked me out," I say like it was nothing and take a bite of my burrito.

~
Sorry if this isn't that long, I just wanted to update

I'm probably gunn write more later and hopefully update tomorrow

Thanks for all the reads!!