Chapter 2

Emma's pov

It's almost as if my whole life crumbled into a billion pieces. My life, it makes me confused, angry, but most of all sad. The people I choose to let into my life are the ones I usually regret.

I never wanted my mom to die. I mean hell, who wants their mom to die. Nobody really knew how tough it was for a 6 year old girl to grow up in fear, and loneliness. The only person I had was Cameron.

He was close friends with my family, we used to hang out a lot. My dad didn't give a shit about me when mom died so I ended up going to his house most of the time. Me and Cameron would play all these games and we would do everything together. But of course when we got older, things got more complicated, and awkward.

I started developing feelings for Cameron in 7th grade. I thought he was cute and I had always liked him as a friend. It was just a harmless crush honestly. But the summer after 7th grade when Cameron kissed me in his summer house changed my perspective on life completely.

*
I take my first few steps into the same old high school. I'm now a junior and know basically every one here. I join my friends in the back of the school. They all welcome back with hugs and cheers. My friend group consists of Brandon, one of my close guy friends who I tell almost everything too, Cecelia for fashion advice and gossip on all the hotties at school, Luke for hooking the group up with parties and drugs, and the person I tell everything too, who my bestest friend who I can rely on, Lauren.

My group goes on crazy adventures all the time. We do some messed up things too. But we are all pretty close and do everything together. We end up going to parties every weekend cause we don't give a shit about school or anything. We just like getting wasted and living our lives to the fullest.

Once we hear the loud ring from the rusty bell, we take our bags and head in the school. I get my locker number and combination and find my way. I put my bag and some books in the locker and head to my first class, biology.

The classroom is almost blaring with talking and laughing. I take a seat towards the back with some people I can actually stand at this school. The late bell rings and a dark haired boy runs into the classroom. He stumbles in dropping his books in the front of the class. The whole class bursts with laughter.

I let out a slight giggle as he smiles up at the teacher giving him a disapproving look. He looks around the classroom for a seat. Oh shit. There's a spot next to me. I look behind me at the last row and there are no more spots available. He walks over to the desk adjacent to mine and plops himself down.

I look over at him and into his captivating blue eyes. He catches my gaze and looks at my eyes. I quickly look away and blush. "I'm Nash," he says smiling, showing his dimples.

God he's cute. I think to myself. I snap out of my haze and answer him. "Emma."

He smiles and faces the teacher. Biology was boring as fuck. When the bell rings I get up to be inches away from Nash's broad body. I back away quickly and say, "oh, sorry." "Oh, no no it's okay, my fault," he says smiling down at me.

As he walks out of the class room I look at him more in detail now. He was very tall compared to me, he was wearing dark jeans and black vans and red plaid shirt. Not bad.

I don't know why or what I'm feeling, he just has some type of trance over me. His mesmerizing blue eyes are just breath taking. He's nice, has nice teeth, and his hair. Oh my god his hair. What I'm thinking? I don't even know the guy and I'm already creating feelings for him. I need to get to know him first. I think to myself as I walk down the halls.

The day drags on until it's finally time to leave this hell hole. I join up with my friends in the front of the school. "Are we doing anything tonight?" I ask. We usually end up going to parties cause none of our parents are home. They're all too busy with work and stuff. "We got a party at the lake house tonight on Redbrooke Avenue," Luke says. "Wanna go to my place until the party starts," i suggest. "Yeah sure," they all agree. We get in my black Range Rover and drive to my house.

We all have big house been as our parents are all doctors or plastic surgeons. The gates to my house open and I drive up to the back. I park the car in the garage and we enter the house. The house is almost dead silent. I'm usually the only one who is ever here. My parents usually stay out in our beach house for 'quality time together'. Even though I know they just want sex. We all walk up the staircase to my room.

I sit myself down on my dark comforter and check my phone for any new messages. Everyone else joins me on the bed. "Hey Cece, any cute guys this year?" I ask breaking the silence. "Yeah actually a few!" She says sitting up. "There's jake, he has a perfect jawline and blonde hair, uhh Kyle, he has dark skin and green eyes, and there's one more, uhhh oh yeah, there's this nash kid I think with the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen," she says smiling and leaning back down into the pillows.

He had the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen, I say smiling to myself.

*
Authors note
Hope you guys like it so far, so you guys can guess that she has a bad past with Cameron but I don't want to reveal too much too soon.