Steve x Reader x Bucky (ANGST)

This story deals with soulmates, alpha and omega, eating disorder, death, depression, abandonment. Also my memory is foggy on order of events and I'm making slight changes (sorry).

"We'll be fine alright? Don't worry. All of us are going to make it back safe." Bucky whispered softly caressing my cheek.

"How can you say that when we're going into a war buck? What if I lose one of you? What if he snaps and suddenly I don't have my alphas anymore?" Tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

"Hey now calm down doll. No matter what you have us. And if one of us goes I swear on my tittle as captain American and my mother herself you will always have one of us." I nodded pulling Steve into a tight hug.

"And you have mine too." Bucky whispered his grip tightening slightly.

———

We had fought so hard. It was nonstop no reprieve from the onslaught of villains. How many more? How much longer? I look around when it all stops and I realize one thing.

We failed... We where to late.

I watched as the people around me began to fade, my colleagues, my friends, my family. I wildly searched begging for it not to happen to them. "Anyone but them, please take me and not them." I whispered.

"Y/n?" I turned to see Bucky staring at his arm as it slowly turned to dust.

"No!" I screamed running to him. He fell to his knees and I slid on mine over to him catching him and clutching him to me. "No, no, no! I can't lose you! I can't lose you!" I spoke frantically.

"I'm sorry doll." He whispered tears streaming down his cheeks silently. "Take care of each other.... I love you." And with that he disappeared into nothing but the ash on my hands.

"Noooooooo!!!!" I screamed. And In an instant I felt it. The searing white hot pain ripping through my very soul. I crumpled in only self clawing at my skin trying to release the pain. Bucky died therefor the part of his soul that had merged with my own when we bonded was gone with him. Just like the third of my soul that was in him.

I laid there for hours sobbing clutching myself laying in the ashes of my former love. "It should have been me. It should have been me." I muttered rocking myself my hand placed on the old bond mark on my neck that belonged to Bucky. Or more likely, where it should have been.

The bond was now gone... just like his mark. "Alpha..." I whispered. I couldn't smell the familiar scent anymore it was fading to fast. "Alpha, please don't leave me alone... not again."

Memories of my parents death flashed to my mind. The feeling of knowing I was completely alone clutching me and dragging me into the darkness of my mind. The world disappeared and I was left alone in the dark.

"Y/n!" A voice called. "Come on doll don't leave me alone." The voice was familiar pulling me away from the hell I had created. "That's it, come on omega. I need you." When I opened my eyes I saw Steve. Tears staining his cheeks and a look that was not his own. The man I saw before me was not the same Steve as before. Just as I am not the same y/n.

But I didn't care at the moment. I flung my arms around him crying. It wasn't until half an hour later we where all collected and back on our way home... home, would it even be home anymore without him? Yes. It had to be. Me and Steve would make it work, he gave me his word.... we had to make it work, for Bucky.

I reached over to him grabbing his hand. He pulled it away moving it onto his lap. It hurt but he probably just needed space needed time to process. Truth be told...I did too.