𝖆𝖉𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 - 5

About a week had passed since I began my agency job. The work here was a lot more laid-back than the Port Mafia, and it seemed as if everyone had an equal status rather than the ranks of the mafia.

I walked into the office one morning to be greeted with quite the surprise. Everything appeared to be normal, but one thing was very out of place.

Dazai was at his desk, working diligently. He was taking calls and working on all sorts of different documents.

I had to do a double-take to process what I just saw. I made my way over to my desk to question Kunikida about the situation.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked, leaning in so I could whisper.

"I told him that if he did work for three hours straight today, he could have the rest of the day off. Surprisingly, it's working," he replied in a low tone.

"How long has it been?" I questioned.

"Only an hour so far," he said. "Let's get to work now, we have a lot to get done today. Ask me if you need anything," he added.

I nodded and opened my laptop to begin my work.

About an hour passed. I got up to go get myself a glass of water.

"Want a drink or something, Kunikida?" I called out as I was walking.

"Just a water would be alright, thank you," he responded, not even looking up from his laptop.

I left to the kitchen to make two glasses of water. When I returned, I set them beside Kunikida's laptop and mine respectively.

I immediately got back to work on tackling different documents and handling different clients' requests and such.

Another hour passed. It was as if a silent alarm went off in Dazai's head.

"Kuuniikiidaa~!" Dazai cooed, making his way over to Kunikida's desk.

Kunikida grimaced in response. "What do you want?"

"It's been three hours! I'm gonna take my leave now," Dazai said. "Oh, and (L/N)'s coming with me," he added as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from my desk.

"Wait, Dazai, I have work to do! You can't just drag me out like that! Hey!" I tried to stop him, but he was already almost at the door.

"Come on, a break won't kill you now, will it?" Dazai smirked.

"A break is different than half of a day off, idiot," I replied with a straight face.

By now, Dazai had let go of my wrist, though he still managed to drag me out of the office, despite my pleads to let me go back to work.

We walked out of the office and down to the café. We decided to stop here for a bit and get some drinks.

We took seats by the window while we waited for our drinks. An awkward silence filled our atmosphere.

"So, Dazai, what made you want to suddenly drag me out of the office and to your day off?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"That's a very good question, (L/N)," he said. "I just thought it'd be fun to spend the day with a new co-worker, get to know her and all," he finished.

"Well, do we have any plans for today?" I questioned again as our drinks were put in front of us.

I took a sip as Dazai spoke.

"I'd say just go around town, maybe visit some cool places? Then we stop back at the agency I suppose," he told me.

"That sounds like a pretty good plan. I'm up for it," I said with a smile.