Chapter 24 - Two Beds, One Choice

Jessie woke up in the middle of the night extremely confused, as he felt a strong pair of arms caressing his naked arms. He turned his neck back slightly and saw Riley's sleeping face right next to him.

Jessie's nerves shot up as he realised he must have fallen asleep in Riley's arms. This was the first time they had ever slept together in the same bed - even if it was only for a couple of hours.

Reaching for his phone that was on the floor, Jessie saw that it was a little before midnight. After they finished having sex, Jessie assumed that they must have ran out of energy and passed out before he could sleep in his own bed.

But the way that Riley was currently caging him into his bed made Jessie think otherwise, as the grip on him was still strong.

It was a special kind of feeling that Jessie was currently experiencing, there was something strangely comforting with being held closely by Riley.

Jessie kept kissing Riley back the last couple of hours because he was enjoying the feeling of having Riley against him, and no matter how much he wanted to avoid it, he knew that he liked it.

But in the back of his mind, Jessie kept thinking that it was wrong to be enjoying this. He didn't want to be deeply connected with Riley this way, and he wanted to get out of this crazy situation whilst he still had the chance.

Jessie tenderly lifted Riley's arm of his body and moved it front of himself. Now free from his grasp, Jessie slipped out of the bed and put on the clothes nearest to him.

The sound of picking up his keys terrified Jessie when he saw that Riley was stirring in his sleep. But thankfully Riley only ended up turning around in the bed, facing the wall as he was still asleep.

Now dressed in the random clothes around him, Jessie took one last look at Riley and left the door quietly so that he wouldn't be woken up.

~~~~~~~~~~

"What's so urgent that you send me a cryptic message to come out here in the middle of the night?"

Cameron sat next to his brother in the middle of an empty football pitch. The midnight sky was clear, a cold breezed washed through the area, and Jessie was flat on his back against the grass.

"I did something stupid." Jessie vaguely told Cameron as he rubbed his own face with his hands.

"That could literally be anything..." Cameron joked as he smacked Jessie's leg. "But I'll just ask anyway, what did you do in front of Olivia that was so stupid?"

Jessie felt like his head was going to explode because of everything that was going on between Riley and Olivia. He needed someone to talk to, and Jessie needed the only other person he felt comfortable talking too.

"I've been sleeping with someone that I shouldn't have."

Cameron pulled Jessie's arm so that he could drag his body upwards. Now sitting face to face, Cameron saw that Jessie was trying to look at everywhere but him.

"The fact that you aren't saying their name is kind of concerning," Cameron warned him. "Who is this side chick that is ruining things between you and Olivia?"

Jessie peeked a look at an inviting Cameron, he then looked away as he whispered to Cameron, "It's... It's a guy."

There was a momentary silence between them both, as the only sound that could be heard was the environment around them.

"A guy..." Cameron said all dragged out, as he tried to process what his brother shyly whispered to him. "You've been sleeping, as in plural, with a guy..."