[ S I X ]

11:43 am

sokka was having another existential crisis. big surprise, huh?

well, no. not really. if your "crush" had just asked you to read without clarifying if it was a "friendly outing" or a "date", you'd probably be feeling the same way.

zuko didn't specify anything. he just asked to go to tea. what was he supposed to wear?

that was what he needed to figure out. that was probably important. sure, maybe he should have just asked zuko what he was wearing.

did he do that? no. of course not. he went to katara for the second time this morning, entering the same way he had just a few hours ago.

"KATARA." okay. maybe.. not so- happy. this sounded more firm.

katara didn't take her eyes off the paper. what on earth would she be writing right now- and why was it so long-?

no, sokka. stay on track.

"what do you want now, sokka." katara replies monotone. she sounded more robot-y than sparky sparky boom man ever did.

"what do you wear on a date?" sokka closed the door, walking over to her desk. he looked down at what she was writing but before he could make out any words it was slammed shut.

"what?" kataras eyes met sokkas, wide.

"i said what do yo-"

"i know what you said, idiot! who? who is it!?" now katara had stood up, "oh my god! see!? i knew you'd make the right decision. you went and kissed her right after i told you to do it!"

"you really didn't.. tell me to kis-" sokka was cut off yet again.

"yes. i did, just take my word for it. i gave you the advice, sokka. i'm taking full credit! who is it!? you aren't answering my questions. is she in town? is she here?" katara had moved on from simply standing there, to talking with her hands and pacing around the room excitedly.

"no- katara-"

"i have to meet her! this is so unfair of you sokka, do you even realize it!?"

"katara! stop it!" sokka finally put his two cents in, trying to get her to just.. shut up about it for a moment. he didn't know how much time he had. "i will not hesitate to go ask someone else, what am i supposed to wear to a date." he spoke softly, hoping to god zuko didn't happen to be walking by.

"come on, i'll help you." and with that, katara grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the room. she took him back down the hall to his. "is it formal?"

"what-? formal? what do you mean formal? i don't know!" sokka whisper yelled, keeping up with his shorter sister.

"are you sure you're even.. ready for this? yknow.. after s-" of course she'd bring suki up.

"yes. katara, there's not a reason to bring it up anymore. i'm fine."

okay sure, maybe katara had a point. but he was better now, he just wanted someone to hold onto.. for a bit. maybe longer than a bit. this wasn't even a real date, it was just.. zuko asking to go to tea for some unknown reason.

once getting to sokkas room, katara sat him down on his bed and immediately went to his closet.

"sokka, what kind of style is this? because i don't see anything good. you need something.. nice." katara said bitchily, but she didn't actually mean it. maybe she did. sokka didn't know or care anyway.