Chapter Eight: unexpected events

"I think we missed our turn. " Bethel said.

"What!? No way, gimme that." I snatch the map from Flauros.

" We certainly haven't missed our turn, it should be route 57." Flauros replied.

"Nahhh, the Highbridge leads to the express. We can cut in from here." I said as I touch a shortcut on the map.

"I insist we keep a low profile and take route 57." Flauros replied.

"Ok that's it." Bethel ignores Flauros and then opens a portal, she drives the bus through it. " We're here."

"Or we could just do that." I said.

" Yeah, that works fine too" Flauros added.

Bethel parks the bus at a discreet location, we leave Flauros in the bus then meet up with Castiel at a coffee shop.

"How are your injuries?" Bethel asked.

"Almost completely healed." Castiel replied.

"Good to hear." She said.

"We must leave immediately, the spear is kept under an abandoned church. It is under the watch of an immortal named Zasalamel." Castiel said.

"Woah! That's going to be a whole lotta headache." Bethel replied.

"Who is he?" I asked.

"He is a Wizard and a warrior, he once fought and scarred Archangel General Michael in a brawl." Castiel said.

"Scarred!? And we're supposed to steal a spear from someone so powerful!?" I asked.

"Not entirely..." Bethel replied.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Zasalamel believes... Get down!!!" Bethel exclaimed as she grabs me and ducks under a table.

Machine gun bullets burst through the windows, killing almost every body. The shooting stops then a missile blows up the coffee shop.

"They're still alive, Dantanian restrain the Angels. Furcas use a time warp to keep everyone in this city at Bay. I do not want cops or civilians getting in the way." Raphael said.

               Name: Raphael                  Title: Infinite HealerEthnicity/Race: Archangel

Name: Raphael
Title: Infinite Healer
Ethnicity/Race: Archangel

I cough as I slowly regain consciousness, I'm covered under Bethel's wings protecting me from the scraps.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm fine."

A large hand suddenly breaks in and grabs her head, almost covering it all. He flings her onto to a car.

"Urg!" She crashes into the car.