vii.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I only wanted to save you because if I didn't, then I wouldn't be able to come back to life

"I don't know what you're talking about, I only wanted to save you because if I didn't, then I wouldn't be able to come back to life." Luna scoffed. She was standing alongside a now stable Damon, who was teasing the blonde about how desperate she was to save him. She argued she did it solely because without him she'd just be a ghost, roaming Mystic Falls with no purpose. The thought alone gave her chills. Or it might've just been the amount of people walking through her without even realising. The duo were standing near a wall inside of the Lockwood mansion. It was the funeral of Richard Lockwood, who had died alongside the rest of the tomb vampires. No one knew why the Gilbert device had effected him, since he wasn't a vampire in the first place.

"Whatever you say, ghost girl." A smirk was very clear on his lips and it was obvious the agreement was half-hearted. She knew that the man was only trying to boost his already abnormally large ego, so Luna simply rolled her eyes, choosing to change the subject all together.

"Ghost girl? So original." The girl scoffed, making Damon shrug to her in response. It wasn't meant to be original or creative. It was just a nickname that would be a thing between the two of them. And he wasn't sure whether it would stick or not, but knowing him he would find new nicknames on every occasion available. "You know what, I'm disappointed that Elena's not with Matt. Like, before I died, they were still best friends and I was totally rooting for them. And it's a shame that she's dating Stefan; no offence to your brother of course. But just... Are you following what I'm saying or..."

"Sadly." He hummed, making the girl roll her eyes, but she simply continued her rant. She had been so caught up in it, that she didn't even realise when Sheriff Forbes came over to Damon and began to speak with him. She abruptly stopped speaking, which had made the Salvatore glance to her instinctively. It wasn't that he cared, because he really didn't. Luna was just a temporary minion who could do his bidding and keep him company, since she actually seemed to understand his inhumane humour but as soon as she came back to the world of living, he could get rid of her until he needed her assistance. As she said herself, she would be indebted to him for the rest of her life if he helped her. So he would definitely make use of that debt.

As Carol Lockwood joined the conversation and began accusing the sheriff of screwing up and blaming her for the death of her husband. Luna wanted to see what was going to happen next, so she kept her commentary at bay, only allowing the word "intense" to leave past her lips. Damon rolled his eyes at her, before stepping in to coax the mayor's - now dead mayor's - wife with a gentle and soothing voice. The phantom's jaw dropped, as she scoffed, offended.

"How come you never talk to me in that voice?" She exclaimed, her voice more high pitched than usual. The vampire sent her a glare, making her raise her hands in mock surrender. "Well, 'scuze me for being offended. Go find your brother's girl to steal instead of- oh don't give me that look."

"Who is that?" The Salvatore completely ignored her little speech, focusing on the man who had just come into the mansion. Luna briefly recalled him in her mind, but she had no idea where from. Eh, it would most likely come to her in the near future.

"No idea, but he's kinda cute, if we're being honest." Damon sent the girl a look of something between profound disgust and disbelief. When the blonde didn't hear him reply, she turned her head to face him with a shrug. "What?"

"I am deeply concerned about your taste in men. I understand that you are dead as so are your preferences, but that's just intolerable." The ghost simply scoffed in response to that. "Now, will you go follow him and find out who he is?"

"What's the magic word?" A smirk made it's way onto the girl's features and she was careful not to laugh at the look in his eyes. When they both stood there in silence with everything else around them bustling, Damon sighed dramatically but opened his mouth to speak.

"Please?"

"Actually, the magic word is fuck but I'll do it because your presence is suffocating." This time, Damon narrowed his eyes at her in offence, but it wasn't long lived since she had - almost instantly - disappeared within the crowd of people, leaving the vampire to question his choices about helping the ghost. But he then noticed Elena in the crowd and the infamous Damon Salvatore smirk appeared on his face and Luna simply evaporated from his mind.

"And next, on how to steal your brother's girl- Oh, Jesus, I spend too much time with her."