x.

"Wait, so you're telling me

"Wait, so you're telling me... You killed her brother after kissing her because she chose your brother? Now I get the whole an eye for an eye thing. But in your case it's a brother for a brother." Luna raised a brow, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at Damon who was ranting to the dead girl about what happened the night before. In that moment she was actually very happy to not be alive, realising the probability of him going into a fit of rage over something and likely killing her in the process.

"Basically. Anyways, if you would like to join me, I am going to a meeting with Carol on behalf of Liz. I need to see what they're going to do about the mayor's death and other stuff." He concluded, giving Luna a second to think over the offer, before she sighed and decided to stay at the Salvatore house. It wasn't like she could talk to anyone other than Damon anyway. And she could be alone with her thoughts in the mean time. In reality, she always had time to be alone, because after all, she was dead. No one apart from Damon could see or hear her so until she met him, she was all alone. And after somewhat befriending Damon, she seemed to never have time alone.

After Damon has taken his leave, Luna layed down on the Salvatore's couch facing up and started blankly at the ceiling. So many questions ran through her mind. At one point the night before she remembered how Liz Forbes mentioned her mother being on "the council" which meant that she also knew all about this world Luna had just been introduced to. But she did understand why Marissa would hide something like that from her. She didn't even know how.

Her whole life, Luna's mother was never able to hide anything from her. She was a terrible liar. Or so she thought. Turns out, she lied for all of Luna's life. And Luna didn't even realise. Now, after finding out about this new world and her mother, all the memories of Marissa came flooding. All the times the woman was giving messages to Luna without her ever realising. Her mind flew back to a single moment she remembered. It was the last thing she could remember.

Luna was standing in front of her mirror, running her hand through her hair, making sure it sat perfectly on her shoulders. In the midst of that, her mother walked into her room. Marissa's wrinkles became prominent with the warm smile she sent Luna.

"You sure you're not dressing up for some club?" Marissa raised a brow, which made her daughter curse internally. Of course she was going to a club. Her mum didn't necessarily need to know that of course, because that way she would never be allowed out.

"No, mum, I told you I'm just going to Gabrielle's house for her birthday. It's just gonna be me, Gabi and a couple other friends." Luna sent Marissa a reassuring smile before turning back to the mirror and smoothing out her dress.

"Alright, I trust you. But please be safe, it's dangerous at night."

"It's not night, it's only 6pm." Luna laughed, but her mother didn't return the laugh, only a half-hearted smile, before it dropped as her mother focused on her daughter's reflection.