Getting a New Name

I was currently recharging in my new crib that Ratchet a.k.a my carrier built. it has been a week since i was reborn and brought to the Autobots base.I adjusted quickly to my new life Ratchet is very caring loving and very very overprotective. He has to have me were he can see me at all times now or he thinks i'll get hurt thanks to Bulkhead and Cliffjumper nearly hitting me with a lobbing ball on the third day of me being here. The only time i can be by myself is when i have to go have a nap like the one i'm having right now but like all good things it must come to an end.

I was rudely awoken from my lovely nap when a loud BANG was heard from somewhere in the base followed by shouting and some laughing. Now normally i wouldn't cry but because i was having trouble recharging at night when Ratchet isn't in the room i was more then a little grumpy and angry from being woken up.So being only a sparkling now i did the only thing i could think of to get rid of some of that anger cry and i did loud and hard as well as sending the same feelings though the bond i share with Ratchet.

It wasn't long before i heard loud and heavy foot steps rushing down the hallway and to were i was once recharging in Ratchets berthroom. A few minutes later the door slid open and the lights turned on as Ratchet came in and walked over to my crib in the corner of his room and to my crying form.Picking me up he held me close to his spark-chamber i snuggled up to it and kept crying.

Ratchet: "Shhh shhh its alright my little one everything is alright *sigh* i guess you woke up because Bulkhead fell over after tripping on one of your toys that was left out on the floor that bot cant do anything quietly"he said sweetly at the beginning but sounded annoyed at the end when talking about Bulkhead.

My crying stop after about 2 minuets and i looked up at him beginning to chirp Ratchet gave a smile sending love though our bond nuzzling me for awhile.Then started to walk down the long hallway of the base.It didn't take us long to reach the main room were everyone was Ratchet grabbed a wrench out of nowhere i looked at him to see a somewhat angry expression on his faceplates then he throw it hitting Bulkhead in the back of his helm making a loud CLANG he turned around to face us as i just burst into laughter.

Bulkhead: "What was that for Ratchet"he said while rubbing the back of his helm looking at Ratchet's angry expression.

Ratchet: "That was for waking up my sparkling with all your noise Bulkhead he needs as much recharge as he can get at this age"he said glaring at him with anger in his voice.

Bulkhead: "Hahaha sorry Ratchet didn't mean to wake the little guy from his nap"he said with a small smile as he looked at the somewhat angry medic.

Ratchet just huffed and went over to where he kept my energon bottles he grabbed one bringing it up to my lips i happily started drinking it looking into his optics he smiled at me at the same time rubbing my left faceplate. After i finished my bottle he put it back and started nuzzling me again i squealed happily making him smile wider and look into my optics with so much love.Our moment was interrupted when Optimus came over and asked the question i was wondering about as well.

Optimus: "Ratchet i'm sorry for interrupting your bonding time with your sparkling old friend but i must ask have you found a name for him yet"he asked with a curious tone while looking at me in Ratchet's arms  i smiled at him and he returned it.

Ratchet: "Hmm i haven't really thought about it Optimus I have been too busy this past week with making his crib and making sure he doesn't get hurt"he said honestly with a bit of embarrassment from not having named me yet even though its been a week already.

Optimus: "There is no need to feel embarrassed from not naming him yet old friend you will find the right name for him when the time comes"he said with a smile while patting Ratchet on the shoulder-plate then he walks away and back to what he was doing before coming over here.

I watched him leave then looked back up at Ratchet who had a thinking look on his face. A few hours later i was on the floor playing with blocks that Ratchet made with Bee while playing i was starting to get hungry again 'if i remember correctly its been 4 hours since i had an energon bottle'. I stopped playing and looked up at Bee and started chirping he looked at me with a curious look trying to figure out what i wanted he then turned to Ratchet who was at the computers looking at something.

Bumblebee: ::"Ratchet your sparkling wants something but i don't know what"::he beeps taking a glance at me over his shoulder Ratchet looked over at us and down at me who was still chirping.

Ratchet: "He's most likely hungry its been 4 hours since he's had an energon bottle"he said and looks back at the computers seeing the time his optics go wide and he sighs."And its already 9:45pm its nearly time for him to go into recharge i suggest you do the same Bumblebee"he said looking back at us Bee nodded got up and went to his berthroom.

Ratchet came over and picked me up and went to grab a energon bottle giving it to me i drank happily as Ratchet watched with a loving smile i was still drinking when he suddenly got a thinking look on his face again he hummed seeming deep in thought.When i finally finished my energon i yawed suddenly sleepy Ratchet took the bottle putting it back with the others then walked down the hall to his berthroom.

When we walked in he went over to his berth laying down putting me on his chest and kissing my forehelm sending love and happiness over the bond i giggled and looked at him smiling widely he returned it then i yawned again he chuckled looking into my tired optics just then his optics lit up like he just figured out something that has been on his processor. I closed my optics layed my helm down on his spark-chamber listening to the humming of his spark slowly going into recharge but not before i heard Ratchet say one last thing.

Ratchet: "Goodnight..............Lightning bolt"he said with a smile nuzzling me as i fully slipped into recharge with a small smile on my faceplates happy to finally have a name".