Chapter Twenty-One

"What she's not a hunter!" I whisper shouted.Caine sat silent inside me as he processed this information.Max rolled his eyes at me and pulled the book from a cabinet under his desk.My eyes darted to the book as he opened it.The same boy from before popped up and smirked at me"Welcome back Micheal. Where's your beautiful mate." He teased with a smirk.I growled lowly at his comment and looked towards Max.

"Can you tell us about hunters." Max asked the boy."So your here about your mate. I could have told you she wasn't a normal human. Any idiot could see that!" The boy said in an amused tone.I rolled my eyes as he began to speak again."Hunters are a known to be stronger,faster,and 

smarter than the normal human. Their known to hunt down and kill any mythical creature they come across. With their skillful use of weapons they prove to be very dangerous." He finished in a bored tone.

"Robin can't be a hunter. She wouldn't kill anybody." I responded.Max shook his head as he closed the book."The signs were always there we just never paid them any attention." He replied as he watched me.I shook my head defiantly"Give me at-least one sign." I asked him.He sighed,"She managed to whack a rogue with a stick. She knocked Maya out today with just one hit. Should I go on because the signs still lead to one simple fact." He stated.

I rubbed my temples"Do you think she knows?" I questioned lowly.I couldn't believe what I was hearing."I don't think she knows." Max responded sounding fustrated.We stood there in silence before anyone of us spoke."So it's safe to say that her father is a hunter." I said as Max stood up slowly.He nodded and began to speak"Well figure all this stuff out tomorrow but until then let's get some rest." He said as he walked to the office door.

"I don't hate her." He whispered out before walking down the hall.I smiled at least I knew how he felt about her a little.I knew it was going to take him some time for him to like her.After all she did still his first car his dad gave him.I smirked at that thought.

The week flew by fast as we trained for the attack that was soon to come.The news about Robin being a hunter troubled me slightly.I pushed those thoughts away,knowing Robin wouldn't hurt anyone.I mean yeah she did knock Maya out,but she deserved it.I sighed hunters were dangerous even at a young age.I focused my thoughts on Robin being just her.

I hated that I didn't get to spend that much time with Robin.We really need some time alone, maybe a date.Yeah that's it her first date ,which I should have took her on a long time ago.I frowned when it came to dates I was the worst at planning them.Then again dates did make me nervous I always ended up doing something stupid.

"She's our mate she won't leave if you waste your drink on her." Caine chuckled at the painful memory."Okay that was only one time." I stated in my defense.I could hear him laughing inside my head.I rolled my eyes he couldn't let me forget that could he?"No" He stated as he laughed harder.I blocked him out as I formed some plans in my head.I smirked as the best idea popped into my head.

"Robin you wanna go for a walk with me?" I asked hoping she'd say yes.She shrugged and stood up.I noticed she had her hair tied back and was wearing a sweat suit.I couldn't help but notice that she pulled off anything that she wore.Maybe my teenage mind was kicking in to over drive.But I hate to admit that I was starting to feel a little horny around her lately.Yep it was it was the hormones.

"Do I need to change first?" She questioned I shook my head as I played with the strap of my backpack.I took her to the local park that happened to be huge.I guess it was due to the fact that we lived by a forest."Were are we walking to?" She question as she stared into the lake."It's just a little bit further." I replied as I looked for a good spot.I should have found the spot before I came out here.

"Micheal just stop right here." Caine said as I looked around for the perfect spot.I shrugged and sat the backpack down"Robin do me a favor and close your eyes." I asked.She eyed me suspiciously and closed her eyes.I pulled out the blanket and the food I brought and laid it on the blanket.I looked down at the foods I choose and shook my head.