Chapter 3 - Angie

Peter and I stood in the throne room, waiting for the Queens to come in. When Sam had told me how nerve wracking the waiting was, I thought she had been exaggerating. But, as I stood there with Peter, twirling my hair around my fingers, I realized that, in Wonderland, even the exaggerations held truth.  

A hand grabbed mine that was messing with my hair. "Will you stop that?" 

I turned to the redhead. "Stop what?" 

"All that fidgeting, it's making me even more nervous than I already am." 

"Sorry," I mumbled, taking my hand out of my hair and knotting my fingers together in front of me. 

The Queens walked in, then. And, I recognized each of them separately, remembering the descriptions Sam had given me. The lightly-tanned, brown-haired Evergreen was the first to walk in. Her green eyes sparkled knowingly as she smiled at us. 

"It's good to see you." She said, taking her seat. 

Brimstone was next, red hair flying freely around her. Her cognac-colored dress matched her eyes perfectly, flames flickering wildly behind the irises. She simply nodded our way as she took her seat, acknowledging our presence in the large room. 

I pulled at the hem of my short, gray skirt as Aqua walked in, claiming the spot between her sisters. The Lady of the Lake's hair was curled and twisted into a blonde cascade over her shoulder. Her pure, water-color blue eyes were soft as gentle waves. 

"I'm very happy for you." She said, smiling, and I wasn't sure if she was talking to me or Peter. 

Windsong came in on a never-ending gust of air, her feet never once touching the floor. Her silver hair sparkled when it would hit the light, her matching eyes shown with excitement.  

"This is so exciting!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands erratically. 

Virtue was the last to come in. her white hair, the color of freshly fallen snow, was clustered in a simple twist at the base of her neck. Her blue eyes twinkled with the knowledge of what was coming. She sat down and invited us to do the same.  

I looked over my shoulder, finding two smaller, but equally as elegant, versions of the Queens thrones. Peter and I sat carefully. Once we were seated, Queen Virtue started to speak. 

"I'm sure you are both wondering why you were called here today." 

"Very much so," I said, twisting a few strands of hair around my finger. "I thought I was supposed to be back in the Other Side by now." 

"That was the original plan, yes. But, certain...circumstances have changed things a bit." 

"What kind of circumstances?" Peter and I said in unison. 

"Fate has finally decided to give you your Other Half, Peter." Queen Aqua said, smiling from her seat. 

"Congratulations Peter." The five Queens said in unison. I was starting to freak out a little. 

"Yes, congratulations, Peter," I said to him before turning my attention back to the Queens. "But, what does this have to do with me? When do I get to go home?" 

"you are his Other Half, Angela." Windsong all but screamed at me. Virtue sighed and Windsong calmed down a bit. "Sorry, Virtue, but you know how excited I get." 

"It's alright sister, she would have found out sooner or later." Virtue said, turning to us. "What are you thinking, Angela? Your aura is very...Confusing. There is so much emotion there; I can't tell exactly what you are feeling." 

"I don't know what I'm feeling. What I'm thinking, on the other hand...How can I be his Other Half? We've only known each other for three days." 

I saw Peter's shoulders slump next to me out of the corner of my eye. I new my words had hurt, but I was too confused to care at that moment. My head was reeling at the thought of spending the rest of my life with Peter. I mean, I liked the guy, but I barely knew him. Was I really ready to spend eternity with him?  

"Fate doesn't care about time, my dear." Brimstone replied. "It knows not of time or space, it only knows what is supposed to be. And you and Peter are supposed to be together." 

"Well, I can't stay here. Not yet, anyways." 

"Why not, Angie?" Peter asked; hurt radiating off of him in waves. "I thought you liked the Realm." 

"I do, but my family is on the Other Side. My job is there. They're expecting me to be home soon, not just disappear into thin air. I need to take care of things on the Other Side before I can make a life for myself here." 

"She's right, Peter," Virtue said. I was surprised she was taking my side on this. "She must settle things on the Other Side, or else it could raise suspicions." 

"Thank you, your majesty." 

She turned to me. "Your parents will think your trip got extended for another month to visit Fiji. You will stay in Neverland tonight and, in the morning Peter will accompany you to the Other Side. You will have one week to take care of your accounts." 

"Yes, your majesty." Peter and I said. 

"You may go now. Come back once your week is up. We will discuss what to do next then." 

Peter nodded, and I followed him out of the castle.