Chapter 1 - Angie

"I wish you could stay longer." Sam pouted from the bed. 

I laughed as she crossed her arms over her chest in defiance, but continued to pack anyways. "I know, I do too, but it's already been three months on the Other Side. And, I'm pretty sure they can't extend a cruise." 

We both laughed as I mentioned the excuse as to why I was going to be gone for such a long amount of time. We both were shocked when everyone believed I was going on a three-month 'Discover Europe' cruise, since I was such a homebody. 

"I'm going to miss you so much, Ang." Sam said, tears running down her face. 

I pulled her into a hug. "I'm going to miss you, too, but that's no reason to create a pond. And, it's not like you'll never see me again." 

She sniffed, wiping the tears from her eyes. "You're right. I'm sorry; I don't know what came over me." 

"It's okay; it was just my amazing personality that did it." 

"Or your uncanny modesty," she said, voice laced thick with sarcasm. 

I zipped my bag up, flopping down on the bed beside her. "There, all packed. What are we going to do now?" 

"I don't know. We could go see if there's anything James has planned." 

I smiled as her face instantly brightened at her new husband's name. "Hey, Sam?" 

"Yeah?" 

"What did your parents say when you told them you were going to marry Hatter?" 

She sighed, moving herself into a sitting position. "I didn't tell them. At least, I didn't tell them the entire truth. I couldn't. What would I say? That I fell down a hole and landed in a fairytale word, and am now marrying the Mad Hatter? Even though it's the truth, it sounds like the farthest thing from it. They would think I'm crazier than they thought my grandmother was." 

'Yeah, I guess you're right." I thought about it a little more. "So, what did you tell them?" 

"I told them that I met a designer while he was there on business. We started talking and fell in love with each other, so we got married." 

"Nice. It's far enough from the truth that they won't think you're mentally unstable, but close enough to it that it's not technically a lie." She laughed at my logic. "so, where do they think you are right now? I know your mom, and she's too clingy to think you're in Maine and not try to visit." 

"They think he lives in Denmark, but travels a lot, so I'll go and see them a couple times a year, their time." 

"Just make sure that you're brushed up on the 'what's-what' in Denmark before you go, just to be on the safe side." 

"Yeah, I don't think she'd believe we had a horsefly infestation." She laughed. 

"I thought you were kidding when you said they were literally tiny horses with wings! I didn't think you were serious." 

There was a knock on the door. When Sam gave the okay, it swung open, revealing the Hatter. He smiled as he walked to us and took Sams hand in his own. She smiled at the contact. 

"How are you ladies doing?" He asked. 

"Great, Angie just finished packing a little while ago, so we've been chatting." 

"Well, how would you like to accompany me to one last afternoon tea before you leave?" He asked me. 

"Sure," I said, smiling at the thought of seeing a certain redhead boy. 

"I know you don't want to go for the tea." Sam said, throwing a wink in my direction as she got off the bed. She knew me too well.  

Hatter, on the other hand, was completely oblivious. "Why else would she want to go?" 

"Don't tell him, Sam." I pleaded with my friend. It was embarrassing enough having her know I had a schoolgirl crush on the head Lost Boy, I didn't want the entire Realm knowing too. 

But, as always, Sam didn't listen.  

"She's got the hots for a certain Lost Boy who tends to frequent the tea table." She said, laughing as my cheeks turned six shaded of pink. 

"Peter?" He asked, catching on. She nodded. "He seems quite smitten with her, too." 

I blushed even more as they continued to laugh at me.  

"Hey," Sam came over and put a hand on my shoulder. "You know we're just kidding, right?" 

I nodded. "Yeah, I know." 

"Good, because I wouldn't say something if I knew it would hurt you. Besides, after Kevin, you deserve someone amazing." 

"Thanks, Sam." I gave her a quick hug.  

"We should get going, before they start without us." Hatter said, claiming Sams hand again. 

Sam and I both nodded in agreement. Turning off the bedroom light, I followed my friend and her husband out the door, counting the minutes until I would get to see the boy who had captured my attention.