Via's 'Friend'

Holly's Point Of View:

" Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints, it takes and it takes and it takes and we keep living anyway. We rise and we fall and we break, and we make our mistakes. And if there's a reason I'm still alive, when everyone who loves me has died, I'm willing to wait for it."

Via came back within five minutes with the 'friend' she wanted to introduce to Auggie and me. I took out my headphones as the two entered the room only to see a guy who seemed to have the same glasses as me. I smiled brightly, setting down my homework as I shook his hand.

" Justin these are my siblings, August and Holly, and that's Jack."

" Hey guys," he said nervously, probably because it was his first time seeing Auggie." Cool room."

" Are you Via's boyfriend?" Auggie asked almost automatically causing Via to push his hat down over his face.

" What's in your case?" Jack asked before Justin could even respond to my brother." A machine gun?"

" Ha! That's funny, no it's a... uhh... fiddle."

" Justin's a fiddler," Via explained to the three of us." He's in a Zydeco band."

" What the heck is a Zydeco band?"

I sighed lightly." Zydeco is a type of music Auggie."

" Like Creole music," Justin added on.

" What's Creole?"

" You should tell people it's a machine gun," Auggie said, not really listening to what Justin, Jack, and I were talking about." Nobody would ever mess with you."

" I guess you're right, Creole's the kind of music they play in Louisiana."

" Are you from Lousiana?" Jack asked.

" No... I'm from Brooklyn."

I could tell Auggie and Jack wanted to laugh about that, and Via probably could as well because the next thing she said was," Come on Justin, let's go hang out in my room."

" Okay, see you guys later, bye."

As soon as Via closed the door behind the two of them Auggie and Jack began to crack up.

" I'm from Brooklyn," Jack said, imitating Justin, which I'll admit, made even me want to laugh, even though I did find it wrong they were making fun of the poor guy.