Woman Down

Even more tears fell from my cheeks as I held my leg. I started to panic now, my leg has never been this painful before! The people around me started to really panic now.

"What's wrong Miss Ellis?" Asked a man who cradled my head.

"M-y leg! It h-hurts!" I yelped as he stroked my hair gently.

"Somebody call an ambulance!" He shouted as a woman got her phone out and called the number.

I suddenly heard my name being shouted from afar. I knew the voice but I couldn't think of it.

"Mr Leto! It's Serena!" Someone called and I smiled.

Then his face appeared before me and he was worried.

"Whats wrong babe?" He asked me with tears gathering in his eyes.

"We don't know, she says her leg hurts and she can't stand up. We called and ambulance." The man with my head informed him and he nodded holding my hand.

"It hurts Jared...it hurts s-so much." I whimpered and squeezed his hand.

"Take the suit off, its t-too t-tight." I panted and a woman looked at Jared.

"Mr Leto?" She said.

"Take it off!" He shouted and she unzipped it down my chest showing my bra and underwear. Another man helped pull it off and they gasped when it was off completely.

I looked at Jared who looked shocked. A tear fell as his jaw dropped.

"What is it? W-what's wrong?" I asked sitting up to see my leg. My leg was swollen and turning purple. I sighed in relief when the ambulance arrived at the set. Three paramedics jumped out and the people propped me on a stretcher and into the ambulance where we drive straight to the hospital.

Apparently, I had to go straight to theatre. The last thing I can remember before I passed out was watching Jared disappear into the distance then disappear completely behind the operation room doors.

*****

My eyes blinked open a few times as they trued to adjust to the brightness of the room. I turned my head and winced at the pain. It wasn't my leg that was hurting, it was my head. I breathed a few more times before I sat up and rubbed my eyes to see someone sitting there in front of me. It was Kim.

"Hey, you ok?" She asked sitting still in her chair.

"W-where's Jared?" I asked and she laughed and stood up.

"That's still all you think about?" She scowled and started to walk towards the door.

"No no, wait! Kim..." I winced and she stopped.

"Sit down." I mumbled and she did.

"I originally came here to see if you were still alive but if you are still acting like a bitch then I might reconsider." She snapped.

"I'm sorry, Kim. I really appreciate you coming here to visit me. Where's John?"

"He's working with Kiefer Sutherland right now."

"Oh, that's...that's great. I'm really happy for him..." I said looking down at my hands.

"Tell your face that." She snapped again.

"Why are you being like this?" I asked and her eyes rolled.

"I can't believe you right now...I can't believe you are actually asking this! Do you remember what you said to John and I?"

I could remember. I remember that I was nasty and I said a lot of hurtful things. I remember the look on John's face when he looked at me and left. I remember Kim's face too, full of hatred and disbelief.

"Kim, I've said I'm sorry. I don't know what else I can say. I was in a stressful place that day...with everything happening and-"

"Stressful enough to betray your best friends?" She interrupted. I threw my head back in guilt.

"I wasn't thinking straight Kim! I really am truly sorry! You both have been my friends for 10 years! I miss you guys! I miss not getting your stupid pointless phone calls in the middle of meetings because one of our songs came on the tv and I miss our midnight margaritas..."

We both stared at each other for a minute before Kim stood up once again. She had a small look of guilt. Her eyes darted to me then her feet.

"It's good to know that your ok, I'll let John know too." She said emotionless and strutted out of the room where I later cried a but more.

I dried my eyes and thought for a while. Wondering how Kim was getting on and how John feels helping out with another celebrity who he knows nothing about. I think about all the parties they must be going to and having tremendous fun at without me. It made me feel quite empty in my heart.

"Your awake!" A voice interrupted my thoughts and snapped me back into reality.

Jared was walking towards me with a bottle of water smiling. He pulled the chair that Kim was using beside my side and held my hand.

"Your cold.." He said rubbing it with his.

"I'm ok." I said.

"How are you feeling? You've been out for a while."

"How long have I been out for?" I asked.

"About 27 hours, Everyone was worried." He answered.

"Where's Shannon, Tomo and Emma?"

"They visited when you were still asleep."

"Hugh Meener was here too but only for a minute or two..." Jared said unsettled. My eyes widened.

"I don't want him here again! Did you see what he did?! I hope you did something." I said and Jared smirked.

"I punched him, said that you would never work with him again and he stormed out."

I never want to see that bastard again. He did this to me...but after all that work to try and recruit him was hard as fuck.

A doctor entered and smiled at us. I sat up straight and Jared grabbed my hand again.

"Hello doctor." I said.

"Hello Miss Ellis and Mr Leto." He replied sweetly.

"So what's the matter doctor?" Jared asked.

"I have just come to check up on you and inform you of your condition at this moment in time." We nodded and he proceeded.

"Ok, when you were admitted here your leg was severely swollen. That was caused by a damaged artery in your thigh that was damaged by your recent activity that one of your colleagues informed me of. The artery clotted blood and then began to enlarge. But it was easily taken care of in the operation." He smiled and I nodded in understanding.

"So..my leg is fine then? I can get on with my life as normal like before with my condition?"

"If you keep taking your daily medication that will be proscribed to you, then yes." He smiled.

"Thank god.." Jared breathed and I laughed.

"Thank you doctor." I grinned to him and he did the same.

"But I'm afraid you will need to take it easy for the next few months because it was a rather large operation and it will take a while to heal." Jared's smile got smaller and I nodded again.

"Thanks again doctor."

"It's no problem. Have a nice day you two." The doctor smiled again and left the room.