[4] ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴇɴᴛs

THE WEEK FLEW BY SWIFTLY, it was finally Friday-which meant I would be meeting Eric's parents today

THE WEEK FLEW BY SWIFTLY, it was finally Friday-which meant I would be meeting Eric's parents today. I felt elated yet sad at the same time. Anxiety and overthinking took over me.

What if Eric's parents don't like me?

What if they think I'm one Eric's lady friends?

What I say the wrong thing about my relationship with Eric?

"Stop overthinking," Bella pats my head lightly.

She came over to my house to help me look presentable to meet Eric's parents. When I told her that Eric and I are together, she was disappointed at first, her blue bell eyes were a little glassy and something inside me felt bad. She warned me about Eric's player ways but I was too fascinated with Eric-well, the things Eric does to me. Bella wiped her eyes and looked at me and gave a fake smile. Whatever Eric did to break their friendship really hurt her-and the boys.

Bella chose a navy dress for me from my closet. On the edge of the dress were embroidered white flowers while the top half of my dress was plain and simple and ran straight across my shoulders, exposing my collarbone. I did my hair into soft brown curls, my makeup was done minimal. I painted my lips with a coral lipstick, mascara made my eyes pop and highlighted my cheekbones.

"You look amazing," Bella squels.

"She sure does." I turn around and see Daniel looking at me, teary-eyed.

"Thank you both. Especially Bella, she turned me into a beauty," I chuckle lightly as I play with the hem of my dress.

"Shut up, you are gorgeous! Own it." Bella hits my leg, causing me to wince.

"It's time to meet the 'Calloways'," Daniel says, walking out of my room. Leaving Bella and I alone for a bit.

"Hey, I know you warned me about Eric before and I just want you to know you that I trust you and your judgment. I'm glad to have a friend like you," I engulf her in a hug and she sniffles.

"Lily, I'm glad I have you too. Just tell me if Eric does anything to you," she says.

***

The drive to the Calloways house was about an hour away from ours. As I looked outside, i remembered this isn't the way to Eric's house because I've been to Eric's house before-the party before senior year.

"D, where are we headed?" I ask, clearly confused.

"Your boyfriend's house. Why?"

"This isn't the way to his house."

"It is, L. This is Eric's house. I think the one you went to before was their other house." Daniel knew about the party? Yikes.