Unexpected Love

It had been a week since my mother's funeral. Adrain has stayed with me every day since. I showed him the general life aspects of being a human. I even taught him how to drive. He was pretty good I might add.

It was another normal day and I had woken up late. I walked into the kitchen to find Adrian at the stove. We were shirtless, with only his boxers on. I stood there and watched as his muscles moved with everything he did. He saw me once he turned around. I immediately looked down, blushing at the fact that I was caught checking him out.

"You're finally up, princess," He smirked. I internally cringed at the nickname. Before I met Dylan, I thought it was cute he called me princess, but now, I just get memories of how he stole my virginity.

"A girl needs her beauty sleep," I said. I sat down on the table and Adrian placed a plate of waffles in front of me. Ever since I showed him how to cook, he'd been doing it for every meal. He got better and somehow is better than me. I didn't mind as I didn't have to do any of the work.

"I'd call you a tryhard if you weren't naturally good at everything," I said, before sinking my fork into the waffles to get a bit. I moaned as the whipped cream and strawberry mixed with the buttery waffles.

"I wouldn't make those sounds if I were you," He whispered in my ear. I looked into Adrain's eyes to see a ring of darkness outside his green orbs. Lust. I smirked and took another big bite and dramatically dragged out a moan.

"You're gonna be the death of me, Luna," He said as he went back into the kitchen.

I finished the waffles and went upstairs to grab my phone. I changed into a pair of shorts and one of Adrian's t-shirts. I made my way downstairs and was about to step into the kitchen when the doorbell rang.

I opened the door to find my dad.

"Hi uh what are you doing here," I said in surprise.

"Hey who's at the door," Adrian came up behind me. My dad's eyes immediately widened and I remembered Adrian was only in his boxers. Adrian became aware of his choice of clothing as well as his eyes widened before running up the stairs to change.

"You should come in," I said, trying to change the subject.

"We'll come back to this later," He said. "Now, where is your mother?" My heart immediately dropped at the mention of her. I forgot he didn't know about what happened.

"Dad, we should sit down and talk about this," I led him to the dining room.

"What is it?" He asked.

"A week ago, mom was in an accident on the way to work," I said, looking down.

"But she's fine, right?" He asked.

"She... she didn't make it," I said quietly. We sat in silence.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked. His voice sounded hurt. "She's the love of my life. I promised her I would be there until the very end. I already hurt her once. I just wanted to be at her funeral."

"I'm sorry dad. I wasn't thinking. I know I should've called you. I'm sorry. I truly am," I said, my voice quiet.

"I know you are," he said with a sad smile. "Well, I came here so I could take you and your mother out for the day. But since she... it can just be the two of us."

"Dad are you sure? I mean you just found out. Don't you want to wallow a bit?" I asked.

"I am very sad, and I wish she was here with us, but crying isn't going to bring her back. So let's go and have some fun." He said.

I smiled, "Okay, let me get changed." I walk out of the dining room to find Adrian.

"Were you listening," I asked as we walked up to my room.

"Maybe," He said.

"You don't mind staying here alone for the day, do you?" I asked.

"Nope. Go and spend time with your father. I'll be fine," he said. I smiled.

I reached into my closet and pulled out a white denim skirt with a buttoned-up blue blouse. I paired it with some black ankle booties.

"That skirt looks good on you," Adrian smirked. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone and purse before going downstairs.

My dad was waiting for me by the door. "Let's go!" He said.

He led me out the door and we got in my car. "Do you want me to drive?" I looked at him.

"When was the last time you stepped a foot in a car?" I laughed. He smiled and told me to drive downtown to the coffee shop.

I parked my car and my dad and I entered the small shop. We each ordered a latte and sat down at a booth in the corner.

"So, tell me about Adrian. You two have been together for a while," I blushed.

"I love him. We talk and cuddle and do what normal couples do," I said.

"Luna, I'm a man. I know what happens when a couple lives together and the guy walks around in boxers," He said.

"Dad," I put my hand on my face.

"Hey, you're a teenager. You have hor-" I interrupted him.

"I'm a virgin dad. Adrian and I haven't been down that road yet," I said.

"Ok, but uh, just be careful," He said. I groaned and mentally rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom. You okay here?" He asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. I continued to sip my coffee while looking out the giant windows. I saw Eva from the corner of my eye and waved her over.

"Hi! I didn't expect to see you here." I said.

"Yeah, me either." She said, sitting down across from me. "So, how have you been."

"Luna, listen. About the other night..."

"Eva, let it go. You were drunk and you didn't know what you were doing. It's nothing," I waved it off.

"Luna, it wasn't nothing," I looked up. "I... I love you. From the very first day when we met on the beach. I just never knew how to tell you. Or anyone."

I looked at her with wide eyes, "So you're a..."

"Lesbian," She said quietly.

"Oh," I said. "Well, I guess this changes everything."

"It does. I saw you with the guy at your house. You love him. We can't be friends, Luna. It will hurt too much. Knowing we are friends but that's all we will ever be," She said and walked out of the door.

"Luna, where do you want to go next," I looked up to see my father.

"Uh wherever is fine," I said. He nodded and led me out the door.

We went to play minigolf and went shopping but the whole day, I couldn't think about what Eva had said.