Falling for Two

"So, show me your world," Adrian said.

"Yeah, let's get going." My voice came out huskier than I meant it to be. I shook off my hormones and helped Adrian stand up. He quickly got hang of walking and I started to take him to my house. It wasn't until I was halfway there that I realized it was a bad idea. My mom was not home and I was still slightly horny.

"Ok uh, change of plans. We are going to the um... cafe," I quickly thought.

"That's fine," he smiled.

I led him inside the cafe and I ordered us both caramel lattes. We sat down at a booth and we chatted away like the incident earlier never happened. My hormones were long gone until the waitress showed up with our drinks. My hormones were replaced with anger and jealousy. The waitress started to flirt with Adrian, pretending that I wasn't even there.

Adrian picked up the look on my face and smiled, "I'm fine," he smiled at looked at me, "but anything for you, love?" He asked.

"Everything's fine," I giggled.

The waitress walked away and Adrian and I burst into laughter. "That was awkward," he laughed. We continued to talk about the Human World.

He looked down at my phone, "Hey what's that pink thing in your hand?" He asked.

I smiled and remembered phones couldn't work in water. "It's called a phone. It does the basics like calling and texting people. But it also lets you have social media like Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and Facebook. You can also lookup things and watch videos."

He looked at me, confused, "What's social media?"

"It's a place where you can share photos and like and com-" I was cut off by the waitress.

"How's your drink," she asked, her attention drawn to Adrian. She placed a sundae in front of him and looked at me with fake sympathy, "Oh I'm sorry, this is our last one."

"That's okay," I murmured.

Adrian seemed to take the look on my face as a hint, "Actually, I'll share this with my girlfriend." He smiled at me before taking a large scoop of ice cream and placing it in my mouth. To make it even more dramatic, he took the spoon with the leftover ice cream and licked it off clean. The waitress stormed off. We burst into another fit of laughter while at the same time, having the waitress's sharp eyes burning a hole through my head.

"Hey let's go to Target," I took out my wallet and left a ten on the table before leading Adrian out the door.

For the rest of the day, Adrian and I went to my favorite places across town and did some crazy things. The incident this morning was almost forgotten. We finished our day by walking along the beach. We climbed over the large rocks and it was time to say our goodbyes, for now. I pulled him in for a brief kiss. He kissed me back turing our brief kiss into a brief makeout session. We finally pulled apart and I looked at him in his night glow.

He took off my necklace and clasped it at the back of my neck. I quickly helped him get back into the water before his legs merged together.

I bent down, my knees touching the sand, and smiled at him, "I love you." I said.

"I love you too," he smiled. He leaned in to kiss my forehead before he swims into the depths of the water.

I sat on the sand for a short while before I decided to head back home. It was pretty late by the time I had gotten in my bed. I was just about to turn my light off when I got a text. I check my phone to see it was from a random number.

Dylan: Hey :)

Me: Uh.. do I know you?

Dylan: It's me, Dylan. Remember?

Me: Oh yeah. We met when we were getting our senior portraits taken. What's up?

Dylan: Nothing much. I'm bored and I can't sleep.

Me: Well I was just about to go to sleep. How did you get my number anyway?

Dylan: I saw Eva at Starbucks and she gave me your number.

Me: So you're a stalker now.. :)

Dylan: Oh yeah. I'm so obsessed with you.

Me: Haha

Dylan: So, tell me. Does such a pretty girl like you have a boyfriend? Because earlier you were reluctant to go out with me and I usually get all the girls.

Me: As a matter of fact, yes. I do have a boyfriend.

Dylan: Oh dang. I was hoping to get you to go on a date with me. So who is he?

Me: You don't know him. He doesn't go to Pacific Academy.

Dylan: Oh come on princess. Tell me, I won't beat that guy to mulch.

Me: I know you won't, but I still won't tell you :)

Dylan: Ahhh, he's older than you right? It's okay.

Me: No. We are the exact same age. I suggest you stay out of my private life. And forget about that date you wanted with me.

Dylan: Alright, chill, princess. Just wondering. So what are you doing up so late anyway?

Me: What are you doing up so late.

Dylan: I was gaming.

Me: Well I was doing nothing that concerns you or your nosey self.

Dylan: Ok then. Guess my princess likes to play hard to get. Challenge accepted.

Me: You did read the part where I have a boyfriend right?

Dylan: Oh yeah. But that doesn't stop me from getting you to go on a date with me. You're just more challenging. But I like that.

Me: Whatever.

Dylan: Alright, I'll let you get your beauty sleep. Night princess.

Me: Night

I turned off my light, rolling over in my bed thinking about my texts with Dylan. Sure, he was charming and attractive, but I have Adrian. And I love him. I won't fall for Dylan. Nope.