~8~

WARNING: Flashback is a little more raunchy. Saying that... I will tell you that I don't go into full detail with love scenes because I just can't get that imaginative... Also... with saying that.... if you are not comfortable with reading those types of things, please over look the flashback.

************************************************************

~8~

The weekend was here before I knew it and we were getting ready to go to Jason’s fight. Savannah got sick on me last night so I was keeping her home. I felt bad and I had just hoped and prayed that Seth wouldn’t try anything while I was gone. With him being here and making rare appearances, I never knew what his nest move was going to be.

I was getting ready and I didn’t know what I was going to wear. Considering I never been to a fight, I wasn’t sure how I should dress. I asked Dani to come in and help me and what she ended up picking out, was great. I slid into a simple pair of torn boot cut jeans and a blue and white floral sleeveless shirt. Since Dani and I wore the same size shoe, she let me wear her silver ballet flats. She straightened my hair and flipped the ends out and she even did my makeup. I was surprised when I looked at what she did and wondered where she knew how to do things like this.

    “You look beautiful, mom,” she smiled.

    “All thanks to you, honey.”

    “Um... mom,” she said, stopping at the door.

    “Yeah?”

    “Do you think that Jason would be alright with me calling him dad so soon? I mean, he’s showed me and Matty more attention in the few days then dad... I mean Seth did all our lives.”

    “Honey,” I said, walking up to her and taking her hands. “I think that would make his day.”

    “Are you happy, momma?”

    “More than anything,” I smiled. “If I had known then what I know now, you would have been raised by your father, not some replacement.”

    “Don’t be so hard on yourself, mom. It’s over and you get a chance to be happy,” she smiled and gave me a hug.

We all piled up in my car and went to the armory. As soon as I stepped through the doors, I felt the queasiness come back as I thought about the last day I came in here. Matty went straight to a table and bought a shirt with Jasn’s face on it and Dani stayed by my side. I was about to turn and high tail it out but I heard my name from across the way.

    “Melissa!” Jason hollered. I stopped and turned around and stayed rooted in my spot until he was right in front of me. “Hey, you all made it,” he said, scooping my hands in his.

    “We wouldn’t miss it,” I smiled. I started looking around and was feeling a little awkward because everyone was staring at us. “Um... shouldn’t you be getting ready? I mean, everyone is staring and starting to take pictures.”

    “I was waiting for you all,” he said, taking a step closer. “You look sexy,” he whispered in my ear.

    “Jay, maybe we shouldn’t be this close in the public eye,” I suggested.

    “Come to the back with me. We can get a minute to chat and the kids can go on to their seat, if you want,” he said looking at Dani.

    “That’s fine with me. Matty will like to be able to get a close up look at the ring,” she said.

    “Okay. Kyle,” he shouted and a young man about twenty three came walking over to us. “Can you take these two to the VIP seats? There’s three open but their mother and I need to talk before the match.”

    “Okay. Hey guys, I’m Kyle. If you’ll follow me, I’ll take you to your seats,” he said to the kids.
    “Come on,” Jason said, tugging on my hands and I followed him.

We walked right past the conference room and I froze for a minute. Jason looked back at me and I looked over at the door. He stepped closer and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to his chest.

    “Let’s not dwell on the past anymore. It’s me and you, raising the kids from here on out. Mel, I promise, I’m by your side no matter what,” he said.

    “At least wait until we know the outcome of my divorce.”

    “I don’t care about that because I know that with your lawyer by your side, you’ll get it.”

    “What if the press finds out that I’m married? It’s not going to look good on you.”

    “The press is nothing I can’t handle. I have nothing to hide, Melissa.”

    “Jay,” I started and was immediately stopped by him pressing his lips to mine. I was taken back to the past and I sunk into the kiss. He’s kissed me a few times before but nothing like this. He was always an amazing kisser but the years have made it something more.

    “Liked that, huh?” he laughed when he pulled away.

    “Uh huh,” I sighed, causing him to smirk.

    “Okay. Well, I’m going to call for Kyle to take you to your seat. Don’t get to scared when you see me out there.”

    “Try not to get hurt,” I said, hugging him.  

    “Can’t promise that,” he said close to my ear, his breath fanning my face. “Kyle, can you take Miss Baber to her seat, please?”

    “Of course,” the kid smiled.

    “Oh and Kyle, make sure she and the kids get anything they want. I’ll foot the bill.”

    “Jason, I can’t let you do that.”

    “Mel, it’s okay. Oh and I want you to wear this,” he said, throwing me a black jacket that had a red stripe going down the right side. I slid it on and was swallowed in it. “Looks good on you,” he said, coming closer to me. “And a little more appropriate than just your blouse.”

    “Oh, I’m sorry. Dani picked it out, she said that it would be okay.”

    “Oh, it’s okay. For any other time except when I’m fighting. I don’t need that kind of distraction,” he whispered in my ear and with one last kiss, I was escorted to my seat.

I had just learned when I sat down that this was a title match and there would be five rounds. It was for the Middleweight Championship and apparently Jason had the title six months ago but lost it. I was on the edge of my seat and Matty explained to me what each move was and after three rounds, I learned what Jay’s move was to get that round in his name. There was only one round left and so far it was tied. I couldn’t quite jump up and cheer because I couldn’t stop chewing my fingernails.

I had seen Jason practice when we were younger but this was a lot different. I could hardly look at him because he had a nasty black eye that almost swelled his left eye closed and blood was trickling from his nose. He also had a nasty gash on his bottom lip that he kept licking. Just before the round was started, he ran over to the fencing and motioned for me to come over to him. There was no denying that everyone’s eyes where on me and it made me uncomfortable but I still went up there.

    “Kish meh for gord ruck,” he made out with his mouth guard in.

    “What?” I laughed and he spit the guard out in his gloves.

    “Kiss me for good luck,” he said.

    “Jay.”

    “Come on, Mel. I’m feeling a little run down and a need some inspiration.”

    “Come here,” I said. He leaned against the fence and puckered his lips and I leaned in. Just after our lips touched, I looked at him in the eye and whispered. “If you win this match, I may plan something special for just you and me later.” I smiled at his wide eyed expression and walked back over to my chair.

Matty played commentator for me, telling me the different moves that both Jason and his opponent were using. One that scared me more was called a Guillotine choke and I was thankful that it wasn’t on Jason because I think my heart would have gave out if it was. There was a bunch of leg locks and head locks and as much as I tried to listen to my son, I was genuinely concerned about both men.

                                  *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

I was among the crowd standing and cheering while Jason’s hand was raised over his head and someone brought the belt over to him. He held it in his other hand and raised it up also. He was looking around before he finally brought his eyes over to me. I couldn’t wipe the smile off of my face and he matched with one of his own. When he was ushered out of the ring, he came straight over to me and wrapped me up in and hug.

    “That was awesome man,” Matty raved and the two did one of those hand shake/man hugs.

    “Congratulations,” Dani beamed.

    “Come on. Let’s go to the back and then we can go get something to eat,” he said taking my hand and we followed him back.

Matty, Dani and I were sitting around the room while Jason went to take a shower. After a few minutes, Matty got up and started looking at the pictures that were on a table close by.

    “Mom, is this you?” he asked. I got up and walked over and peered over his shoulder to see the picture he questioned. I saw a picture of us on my fifteenth birthday just before Jason pulled me outside to ask me to be his girlfriend.

    “Yeah,” I smiled. “That was the day he asked me to be his girlfriend.

    “It’s like looking at a brunette version of Dani,” he said.

    “Let me see,” Dani said, walking across the room.

We sat and stood there and flipped through his pictures. I kind of felt bad because to me it felt like invading privacy. Matty kept flipping and I was surprised how many pictures there were of me and a lot I wasn’t even aware were taken. My favorite one was taken was one of us at a school dance. I was staring up in his eyes like he was the only guy for me. It was also the night that Matty and Dani were conceived. That thought alone made me drift back to that day.

                                   *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Sixteen Years Ago

It was the night of one of the big dances at school. If it was any other dance, I’d only throw on a pair of nice pants, a nice shirt and just go with it. But, now that I have a boyfriend, I wanted to look special. Jason always made me feel special so I didn’t need to worry about it.

I had spent three days out with my mom trying to find the prefect dress. Everything we came across was either to old for me or I just didn’t like. We finally found the perfect outfit which was a black and pink plaid skirt that touched two inches above knee. Mom found a pink shirt that would match and I already had the black knee socks and Mary Janes that would look good with it.

I had kept my hair down and kind of curled it around my face, pinning my bangs to the side. Mom worked on my makeup and that left daddy upset. When we were finished and I finally looked in the mirror, I was surprised by what looked back. I didn’t even recognize myself. I was still looking in the mirror when the doorbell rung. I looked at mom and she smiled at me and left the room.

I stayed in my room for a few more minutes just trying to gather my nerves. I don’t know why I was so nervous, unless it was just the fact that I actually had a real date and a boyfriend. I heard daddy and Jason talking as I walked out and down through the hallway. Neither one of them noticed me yet and when Jason did look back, his jaw dropped.

    “Wow,” he said. Daddy looked back and smiled at me and smiled and then looked back at Jason.

    “You keep her safe tonight,” daddy warned.

    “Of course,” Jason said and then walked over to me. “You look beautiful.”

    “Thanks. You do to,” I told him. He wore a simple pair of blue jeans and a black shirt that he left open with a white tank top under it. He leaned down and kissed my cheek and I heard the click of mom’s camera.

    “Just a couple and I promise that will be it,” she smiled. Jason stepped behind me and wrapped his arms around me and placed his chin on my shoulder.

After the few that mom promised, we walked out to his little beat up Honda. He opened the door for me and after I was buckled in, he shut the door and went to the driver’s side. As we sat off driving, Jason grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. He brought our hands up to his mouth and kissed the back of my hand.

    “You look hot,” he smiled over at me.

    “Well,” I blushed a little.

    “You really do. It’s going to be hard to behave tonight,” he said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

    “Jay!” I exclaimed. He looked at me and smirked.

    “It’s the truth.”

We were at the dance for about an hour when Jay said he wanted to leave. He got bored with it and I couldn’t blame him. There were a lot of kids here but only very few were dancing and having fun. I was feeling a little brave and told him that I wanted to go back to his house to watch a movie. I knew his parents were out and I just wanted to spend some alone time with him.
We drove straight to his house and while he put a movie in, I sat down on the couch. He hadn’t started the movie yet and told me that he was going to go pop some popcorn and get us something to drink. Two minutes later, he had a bowl of popcorn and two cans of soda in his hands.

    “Mi’lady,” he said, placing the bowl and cans on the coffee table.

    “Kind sir,” I laughed. “What did you pick out to watch?” I asked.

    “I wanna see what kind of sissy you are. I put in Halloween.”

    “Jason,” I whined. He laughed and pulled me over to him. He took the afghan off the back of the couch and threw it around me.

    “I’ll protect you, babe,” he laughed.

Half an hour into the movie, I was using the afghan was a shield. I was never one to watch scary movies and I was terrified. Jason kept laughing at me and telling me that it was only a movie and I had nothing to be afraid of. I told him that he wouldn’t have to listen to the screaming later and that i would have to tell my parents that we skipped the biggest part of the dance and came here, unsupervised. He turned the movie off and instead, walked over to the radio. When he came back to sit down, he once again pulled me over to him.

He started running his fingertips up and down my arm and it made me shiver. He unwrapped me from the afghan and told me to sit in his lap. I complied and when I was there, he took the afghan and placed it on both of us. I felt his hand start at my knee and worked it’s way up. Just as it reached the hem of my skirt, I stopped him.

    “I’m sorry,” he said.

    “No, don’t be. It just took me by surprise.”

    “Melly, if you don’t want to, I understand.”

    “It’s not that, I promise.”

    “Are you sure? I don’t want you to feel rushed or like I’m pushing you into it,” he said.

    “I’m sure,” I smiled and raised my shirt over my head.

Jason couldn’t take his eyes off of me or wipe the goofy grin from his face. I made the first move and leaned into him and kissed him. He quickly move around to where I was under him and he was hovering above me. His hands touched every inch of exposed skin and his trailing touch felt like it was on fire. When he started to unbotton my skirt, he stopped and looked at me again. I nodded my head and shifted to the side slightly to make the process easier.

After pulling my socks off and taking my skirt off, I felt a little self conscious. I wasn’t at all worried about my weight or body image but I felt weird so my next move was to get some clothes off of him. I reached up and pushed his black shirt off. After he pulled his arms out, I grabbed it and threw it behind the couch. The next thing I went for was his belt and after getting it unbuckled, he pulled it off.

    “Melly, I love you so much,” he said. I stopped whatever it was that I was doing and just stared at him. He was the first to say it and he knew what I was thinking. “I know what I’m saying and I’ll still feel the same rather we have sex or not. You are important to me and I’ll never hurt you.”

    “I love you, Jay,” I said, pulling him back down to kiss.

My hands found his his shirt and I trailed my hands across his stomach. He helped me pull it off and then he pulled his pants off and threw them behind the couch also. He got up to sat down and I got up to straddle him. I felt his hands go up my back and up to my bra and he got to work to unclasp it. When my breasts were free, he stared at me like a kid at Christmas.

    “Wow,” he gasped.

    “Like what you see?” I giggled.

    “Oh yeah,” he nodded and then his mouth found his way.

    “Oh g... That feels good,” I moaned.

    “Come on, let’s go to my room,” he said, lifting both of us off of the couch.

When we got to his room, he threw me on the bed. He quickly pulled his boxers off and then jumped on the bed, growling at me. We both dove under the blankets and fought over trying to get my panties off and just ended up ripping them off. We fooled around and just explored each others bodies before he took charge.

It was the most exhilarating experience I ever had. I had heard some girls at school talk about how painful it was their first time and I had to admit, Jay was very gentle with me and nothing hurt. When we were finished, Jay wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him.

    “That was...” I started.

    “Amazing,” he said, kissing the top of my head.

                                              *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

I was brought out of the thought when I felt arms snake around my waist. I looked at Jason who now had his chin resting on my shoulder, much like the picture. He looked down at the pictures and started smiling. I looked to but the picture was different.

    “What were you thinking about?” he asked.

    “The night of the dance,” I answered. He seemed to think about it for a minute and then he started smiling.

    “The dance or what happened after?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

    “What do you think?” I laughed.

    “I think someone owes me a night of just her and me,” he whispered.

    “I’ll think of something,” I said as my phone started ringing. I looked at the screen and saw that it was Kenneth. “It’s my lawyer,” I said confused and stepped away.

I listened to everything that Kenneth said. He first apologized because of calling so late but explained that he was so happy with everything, he couldn’t wait to tell me. It seemed like my first hearing could happen as soon as two weeks from now. Seth apparently was paying big money for his lawyers and told them about me being an unfit mother. Kenneth told me that I should change nothing about my routine and I wasn’t going to, I had nothing to hide. It also seemed like Seth had another woman living with him and Ken said that won’t look good on his side. When I mentioned the time I’ve been spending with Jason, I asked if that would be used against me to. Ken said that he would just use it as a point of Jason getting to know his kids. He also said that he was going to order a paternity test just to be on the safe side.

When I got off of the phone, I had to sit down and process everything. I just wanted to be free of Seth and for this to be over so I can just move on. I was finally at a happy place and back where I belonged. The only thing that hung over me was Seth.

**************************************************************

Okay... so what do we think. I’ve been working on this chapter all day and I’m still not completely pleased with it but it’ll do....

WARNING: This might be the last chapter for at least a week... MAYBE longer. I need to take a break from all the work I’ve been doing and focus on the rest of my semester. I promise when I have down time if I have any) I’ll work on it.

Please understand that I still have 3 weeks left of this semester and my education comes first. I know I’ve spoiled you all with daily updates but the only reason I have is because I’ve let my classes slip... (shame on me).... I’m on the verge of dropping out anyway because I’m just plainly fed up with it but I’m trying to keep going through it.

Anyway... until next time.... leave me some love....