Chapter One

I opened my eyes to look at my calendar that was hanging on the wall over my bed. I couldn't believe that I survived a whole year of school I was so excited that it was the last day of school before all the fun began.
When I got to school a group of girls wo had been bullying me for months came up to me.
"Your so annoying little brat, you know that right!" Said Sarah the most popular one in the group.
" Actually no I don't! And I don't think I need people telling me that!" I said trying to be confident so that they wouldn't see that I wanted to cry.
Before the bell rang to tell everyone to come inside I quickly rushed to the bathroom to wash away the tears.

In class we didn't do much as it was a half day and we had our exams the week before, we just played games and watched movies until twelve a clock.
When class was done I grabbed my bike that was almost two small for me and falling to pieces and tried to get out of there before Sarah and her group saw me but I was to late.
" you know who would love this bike Tess?"
"Who?" I said
" A little six year old" Sarah said with her group coping her. I tried cycling away but Sarah managed to push me off my bike.
" See you soon Tess" Sarah said laughing. A minute later the boy that I had a crush on since year four came running up to me because he had seen what had happened.
" Are you ok Tess" Dylan said trying to help me up.
" No not really" I said in pain "I can't walk, I think I've sprained my ankle."
"Ok do you trust me" he said looking serious. I didn't know what he was doing but I said yes anyway.
He carried me up to his dad's truck and put me in the front.
"I'll be back in a minute I'm just getting your bike"
" Dylan! I've had that bike for years I don't need it, and it looks like it's for six year olds anyway, just leave it it's fine."
" You know you don't need to listen to Sarah and her little group of girls" Dylan said getting in the back of the truck.
" I know it's just hard not too."
When Dylan's dad dropped me off at my house I could walk a little but only with Dylan's support.

When we were waiting for my mum to open the door I said " you didn't have to do that for me you know"
" it's ok I wanted too" he said smiling at me. Just then the door opened it wasn't mum or dad it was my older brother. " Jack your back, how was England?" I said with surprise.
" I can't answer you until I know what happened to you" he said laughing because I had cuts all over my legs.
" I'll tell you in a minute. I really need to sit down my ankle is really hurting" I said in pain as I hoped into the living room I got so angry with my self because I had forgotten to say bye and thank-you to Dylan.
After a few minutes I realized that it was only Jack and I at home.
" Where is mum and dad Jack?" I said worriedly then bursting in tears when I heard Jack say "I'm so sorry mum and dad got into a car crash and they both didn't. "Jack paused he couldn't say it they both didn't. He cleared his throat but he couldn't say it but I knew what he was saying from the tears in his eyes.
" There gone" I said unable to imagine them dead.
"Yeah, there gone."