First day back::: part 1/2

As I walk through the school, I surprisingly seem a lot more confident than usual, maybe its my new look. I receive several glances from boys in the grade above, along with a few whistles and some compliments from a small group of guys in my year as I pass them.

I turn a corner and see my four bestfriends, Birgitta, Bonita, Christine and Martha hanging out by my locker. 

"There you are!" Christine smiles, suddenly noticing me. I hug all of them then unlock my locker and take out the books I need and hold them to my chest.

"You look so cute today" Birgitta compliments, gently pulling one of my curls down then watching it as she releases it and it springs back up.

"Thanks" I grin

"You seem awfully happy today" Bonita observes "Did something good happen?"

"Nope, I just feel like a entirely new person" I explain, locking my locker back up

"So I'm guessing you haven't ran into Aaron and them lot yet" Martha says. I shake my head. 

My friends are the only people that know about the bullying thing, and I hope it stays that way, I couldn't bare it if the whole school found out. 

"Well if you do run into him, try to be the bigger person. Turn and leave...or run" Birgitta suggests

"I'll try" I half-smile "I just don't want the entire school to find out about it, I'd never hear the end of it" we begin to walk off towards our first lesson. Art. 

When we arrive, the five of us sit down in our normal seats whilst everyone else in our class does the same. We take out our sketchbooks and begin to draw the objects in the centre of the room. 

"Christine, Lauren, can I talk to you two for a minute" Miss Pymm calls us

"Sure" we agree, picking up our sketchbooks and walking over to her desk

"Now you two, I have been extremely impressed with your work recently that I have decided to move you two up to the Senior's class. From now own, you'll be working with the 12 Graders. You will head there now" Miss explains, giving us the room number on a piece of paper

"Alright then" We smile, picking up our bags and walking out of the room.

"I can't believe we're getting moved up two grades in Art" Christine squeals

"I know" I agree. We carry on walking until we reach the door to our new class "Here we go" I say. I knock on the door twice then wait.

"Come in" I hear the teacher shout.

Christine opens the door and leads the two of us into the noisy room. As soon as we step inside, the whole room goes quiet, everyone looks in our direction.