Chapter 1- Where it all begins

Author's Note: So I'm not the best writer but I really want to give this story a try. SO please give it a chance and let me know what you think.

***********

.

.

Caderyn's POV-

.

.

.
Chaos and screams fill my ears as I drive my powerful blade through another of the King's weak soldiers. Not bothering to think beyond the need to kill I grin with mad glee as my enemies life blood flows from their body, as it paints me red. Each time I fall a man another comes to take their place almost as if they are glad that someone will finally end their miserable life. My blade keeps swinging as if an extension of my own body and it's almost comforting the way it moves with me. The sounds it makes as it slashes through air and flesh is thrilling. It's hard to believe that something so beautiful and delicately curved could be so deadly it cuts through bone.

The back and forth swish of my blade consumes me, making me push harder and faster until all I can hear is my blood pumping. This haze falls over my eyes and in this moment nothing else matters. In this moment I am just a normal man fighting for his survival and the chance to see tomorrow. In this moment the blade rules me and I am it's slave doing it's vengeful bidding. 

Back and forth.....

Back and forth.....

Until there's only air that comes to meet my blade. The haze lifts as I look around, admiring my men's work and the once green field turned red. The sight is so horrible it's beautiful, like a blood sacrifice to the ancient gods that went wrong. The grass has turned into a sea of crimson that pools around my ankles and the sky is dark to welcome the souls of the dead to the afterlife. The coppery smell of the blood and trees makes me laugh. It reminds me of mens most animalistic nature that's only happy when it kills.

"We just gave into our nature," I tell my second in command, making my men closest to hear me laugh. Only those who have been in the battle field would understand, war strips you of every moral or belief you have and untames your wild side. The part of you that should be chained up.

Taking a couple more deep breaths I let the smells and sounds consume me before coming back to my senses. I'm here for a reason and I'll be damned before I forget it.

Putting my sword away I'm amazed at how red hot it is, warm from all the hot blood spilled over it. With that in mind I look to the castle and smile, daring it to cause me to spill some more blood. 

.

***************

.

.

Aoife's POV-

.

.

"My Lady, you must hurry and hide."

My handmaiden tried to pull me from my room but I roughly shoved her away. Running back into my room I called out to her, "Go and hide, I will take care of myself."

Not bothering with her reply I ripped apart my bed looking for the one thing I refuse to leave without. Heart racing as sweat collects on my brow I grow clumsy with my haste and fear. Fear that soon I will hear thundering steps coming for me. Finally my fingers close around my most prized possession, allowing me to run down the servant's stairs towards the back door.

Over my heavy breathing I hear the sound I most dreaded, the front door collapsing in on itself. Hundreds of heavy footsteps soon follow the sound and I knew without a doubt that I wouldn't make it outside to the Forest in time. Heart pounding so hard my vision blurs, I desperately look around for some nook I could hide in. Just as I'm about to lose hope I spy the old cabinet the servants use to store meat in the winter. In my race to get to the cabinet I have become clumsy, knocking into tables making bowls smash together and I drop my possession. Panicking I see that my precious locket that my mother gave me before passing away 5 years ago is somehow caught on the table. Hearing the loud bang of bowls hitting each other, footsteps sounded this way to check it out. Not having a choice I leave my locket with a longing glance as I quickly stuff my small frame in the cabinet.