Chapter 6- Plans

Author’s Note:

 Hey everyone, I’m sorry for the long wait it’s been crazy for me lately.  I feel horrible about promising to update when I got back from my trip but between work, my sister’s pregnancy and an upcoming wedding there’s been a lot going on lately.

But I am glad to be back and updating. I’m hoping to put together a time table of when I’ll be updating later this week so you don’t have to wait as long next time.

Anyways thank you for the support and I hope you like this chapter

.

.

1 year later....

.

Aoife’s POV-

.

The fog rolls in as the morning sun begins to rise. The forest is quiet and still as the world peacefully slumbers, unaware of what is about to happen.

.

This year away from my homeland has been hard on my people as well as myself.  Through it all though we have pulled through and we are stronger now. Without meaning to my fingers gently skirt down the long scar across my right hip and stomach. Yes, since that night I am stronger.

.

I am strong enough to take my land’s invaders out and keep my promise. The same promise that haunts my dreams along with a hazel eyed warrior.

.

As the sun steadily rises I signal my warriors and allies for us to move forward. Deadly silent we move through the forest without making a single sound that could alert our prey. At the edge of the forest we come to a halt. Gathering myself I stand tall on a slight hill in front of the men waiting below.

.

“A year ago, we were once all proud people,” I begin, “We had families, land, food and the protection of our King. Life was good. We were content and peaceful but that all ended a year ago.”

.

 I see some of my men start to nod at some of the things I say as I go on. “Our King was pulled away from us, leaving us open to the warriors who invaded our home. They killed many of your comrades, broke up families. Stole our land, beds and food that is ours by right as well as blood. They took everything from us and drove us from these lands. Then when our King tried to get our kingdom back for us, they murdered him.”

.

Pausing I look out over the grim faces of my people that have greatly suffered. “Everyone of us has lost a family member, a friend and a home all because of those warriors. All our allies but one-“ I nod my heads towards Warlord Alexander who was a good friend of my father’s. “is too scared to stand against these men. They blindly turn away from the wrong that was done to us. They abandoned us because they are afraid. They accept the false king sitting on our King’s throne. They are weak with their fears. They will not help us so we must help ourselves. We must take back what is ours, that is if you’re not too scared to?”

.

Smiling I hear my warriors proudly exclaim their fearless hearts. “My men, I have complete faith in you. We are strong and fearless. We will conquer what we have lost or die trying. We have sat in the shadows long enough, now it is our turn to show the kingdom what we are made of.”