Chapter 3: How to be a Devil

It was the next day after our revelation to Issei. Class is underway and Issei was still uneasy about the whole devil thing. Sure his mind is made up thanks to the idea of having his own harem, but he was still unsure what being a devil actually meant. Thanks to that, he can't concentrate on his class. Not like he listens that much anyway.

"And then..." The teacher continued his lecture but was interrupted when the bell rang. "Oh, must've timed that wrong... You're free to go, class."

Some went to go get lunch, some went out to have fun, some stayed in class for whatever reason. Issei was among the ones who stayed, for obvious reasons. Rias has told him the previous day that someone will come and get him. He's just not sure who.

"Kya! He's here! He's really here! It's the Sun of Kuoh!" Fangirl A squeaked.

"Oh... he's so cheery! Just looking at his cheerful expression makes my day ten times brighter!" Fangirl B said.

Issei turned his attention to where the girls were looking. In front of Issei's class' door, I stood. I waved at the brown-haired tied in a ponytail guy and he waved back.

 I waved at the brown-haired tied in a ponytail guy and he waved back

"Sorry, can I go get Issei for a bit?" I asked.

The girls were unsure. "Umm... really? Issei's a bit... I dunno. Really perverted. We don't want him to corrupt you."

"Don't worry... I'll make sure his innocence stays." Koneko said with determination. Oh, that's right, Koneko's with me. In Kuoh, Legends has it that wherever the sun goes, the cat follows, or so they say. Basically, Koneko and I are expected as a package when one calls the other. She's also the reason why despite my reputation, I don't get a lot of confessions like Kiba-senpai does. Apparently, we're too cute of a couple and they don't want to break us up. Even though we're not actually a couple yet.

I chuckled at the interaction. "There you have it... So, can I have him? Prez wants to see him."

The girls seemed less reluctant and opened the way for Issei. Though not before giving one last warning. "If Issei does anything stupid, don't hesitate to break his man bits. He won't be missed." Another fangirl said to Koneko who nodded in response.

...

...

...

I walked with Issei to the ORC building. We made some small talk during our walk.

"So... I never thanked you for saving my life. Thanks for that." Issei said.

"Nah, don't mention it. It's just what I do." I shrugged it off. "Anyway, how do you feel after becoming a devil?"

"It's... strange." He answered. "I can see in the dark, I felt stronger than usual."

"You get used to it. I remember feeling like that when I first become one too."