la dolce vita | trav x schlatt

𝘢/𝘯: 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘯, 𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘤 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘯𝘨𝘭. 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺. 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘳𝘺 𝘪'𝘮 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘦𝘺 𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘺 ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘪 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦. 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘢 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘯 𝘪 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳

𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘵 zoomerenby, 𝘪 𝘥𝘰 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺!

                                -

this was absolutely not fair at all.

schlatt was standing in front of his ornate full-body mirror, the messy landscape of his room stretching out behind him as he regarded the image he saw. strewn behind him were discarded outfits of every colour: jeans, button-ups, hoodies, t-shirts, all abandoned in favour of the pale blue dress shirt and jeans combo that he was currently gazing at himself in.

it was stupid, honestly, the way he was panicking about his outfit like a teenager before prom. and, of course it was fucking travis who made him feel this way. travis, who made his heart skip a beat every time he smiled. travis, who would hug him gently from behind, burying his face into schlatt's shirt. travis, who had stolen schlatt's heart within a matter of days of meeting him.

they had been dating for a couple of months now, but schlatt was still extremely tentative when it came to their relationship. he had had bad dealings with lovers in the past, people who toyed with his heart and left him broken and although deep down, he knew travis would never do that to him, he couldn't help being nervous to even touch travis lest he get attached and have his heart trodden through the mud once again.

grabbing his car keys from the table, he walked out of his apartment to his garishly purple van, a design choice encouraged by his bitch of a friend, ted, who found it hilarious when schlatt had to drive it to pick him up and chauffeur him around. he opened the door and got in the drivers seat, grasping the wheel as if to steady himself from a storm. the truth was, he was terrified. he was driving to pick travis up from his house, which meant he had to get past cooper first.

usually, cooper was the most lenient and kind human imaginable but when it came to travis, he was naturally overprotective of the younger boy and had been skeptical of schlatt ever since they began dating, with good reason of course. travis was trusting to the point of ridiculousness, and his passive nature meant he would be easy to take advantage of. cooper was incredible at reading people and schlatt desperately needed cooper's approval or he'd feel like a wreck.

starting the ignition, he went over his plans for the evening in his head. this, though not their first date, was one of the few they actually arranged and he was fixated on making it perfect for the other boy. after all, he deserved it more than anyone.

the blossoming trees turned to blurs outside his car window as he began to drive through the calm cali streets. it was a warm spring evening, perfect for what schlatt had planned. the day was mellow and calm and all seemed so at peace that he just had to relax along with it. the tension resting in his shoulders loosened and he actually let himself breathe and think about the boy he loved.