Chapter Eight: A Banana Bread

"C'mon man, stop being a baby and get up."

"But I'm tired," Callum wined.

"Why did you even invite me over if you were gonna be like this?"

"'Cause I'm lonely."

"You just got off work. How are you already lonely?"

Callum only sighed and propped his head onto his hand.

It had been just over three weeks since Callum last visited Ian and no matter how badly he wanted to go, he couldn't find the time to. Work had been eating him alive and wearing him out to the point where his days consisted of either working or resting- occasionally with joseph, Lucinda and/or Joanne visiting. He knew there was something else holding him back, but he wasn't ready to have that conversation with himself yet.

So, there he was, laid on his carpet with Joseph a meter away from him, looking down at the pathetic mess on the floor in front of him. Callum hadn't even changed out of his work clothes yet.

"Callum get up."

"No."

"Callum."

"Joseph."

"Callum."

"Okay, okay fine!" He groggily pushed himself up and off the floor. "Why did you have to use that tone on me? You know how scary it is."

Joseph just rolled his eyes, the action sending Callum's mind right back to Ian. "That's the whole point." He sent Callum a pointed look before his expression morphed into one of pure frustration. "HEY! You're doing it again!"

Callum's eyes snapped down the meet Joseph's. "Doing what?"

"That thing where you get that far away look in your eyes when you're thinking about something. Why do you keep doing that?"

"Because you're not that interesting?" That almost sent him straight back into that mindset but Joseph's foot connecting with his calf tore him right back out.

"Don't be rude. I can and will leave if you push it."

"Okay, okay. Fine sorry."

Joseph sighed, rubbing his temples. "Go take one of your two-hour showers and put on something comfortable. Then we'll talk."

Callum just nodded before heading to the bathroom, almost turning back when he heard Joseph say, "What a good little bitch."

Instead he opted for flipping him off before he slammed the bathroom door closed. When the door was closed, he swore he heard his friend mutter, "Boys nowadays."

About an hour later Callum was changing in his room when he distantly heard the familiar sound of laughter from his Livingroom. The laughter of multiple people.

He quickly walked out of his room and into the Livingroom only to be met by the sight of his three closest friends lounging around in his house as if it was theirs. He couldn't even say he was surprised.

When Callum entered the room two out of the three heads turned to face him. Joanne was too busy doing whatever on her phone, as she hogged one of his two sofas. However, she did have enough time to say a quick, "Wazzup, bitch."

Callum only rolled his eyes, a small smile on his face as he looked over at Lucinda. She smiled back, her wavy blonde hair bouncing slightly, before saying a short greeting.

"Nice of you to finally make an appearance after 50 years," Joseph said, tone dry.

"If I knew you brought the rest over, I would've hurried up."