I Love You Just The Way You Are

I'm at a house party with a bunch of my friends. The room is dimly lit and we are sitting on the couch talking. Somehow the topic about losing weight comes up.

„I think that you shouldn't lose weight just because your boyfriend tells you to do so,“ I say. „I admit I've thought about it because look at Alec and me. He's skinny and I'm.. well, not. But it doesn't matter to me anymore because he tells me he likes me and the way my body looks isn't going to change that. Right, Alec?“ I ask him as I turn my head to look at him.

He doesn't answer right away.

„Look -“ he starts but I cut him off.

„Oh my god, you don't..“ I leave the room before I could finish. I run outside and sit on a bench next to the wall. Alec comes after me. Tears are falling down my face but I wipe them away.

„Baby, shh, don't cry. You know I like you no matter what. If you had let me finish -“ he pulls me towards him and hugs me.

„What were you trying to say then?“ I whisper into his chest.

„I was going to say that you shouldn't lose weight becasue I do or don't like your body. It's your body. If you're gonna lose weight, it should be because you're not happy with your body. Not because I'm not happy with it...which isn't true. I like you and your body just the way they are..even if it's the cheesiest thing I've ever said,“ he pulls away from me so he could look at me.

„I love you,“ I tell him as I lean in to kiss him.

„I love you too.“