3: 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽& 𝗳𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹

Okay can we just take a minute to appreciate this man? Thanks.

no ones POV

Sedina twitched in her deep sleep, arm hitting the black bedside, causing her to jump up instantly.
Another nightmare to add to the long list.

And in this nightmare she had apparently woken in her old room, with nothing or no-one, obviously expect Owen...
Even thinking of his name made the girls face screw up, tears prickling at her eyes, forcing to flow out.
But, like always, she refused to be pitied. She would let herself wallow in self-loathing another time.

The man had once again stood above her, overpowering her frail body which was frozen on the old carpets.
He had been beating everything left in her when she screamed at the top of her lungs.
She had realised then and there that it was all fake, she has no hope, the only hope she would have is dying on a carpet, forgotten about, with nothing left inside of her anymore.

Her screams echoed around the Castle, causing Jareth to jerk awake.

He slid out of his king-sized bed and threw himself out of the room, his long dressing-robes billowing after him.
Slamming the door open, the Goblin King stared at the girl infront of him.

There lay Sedina, curled up, eyes red and puffy from sobbing her poor heart out, tears started flowing down her cheeks, her grip on the pillow tightening, as more memories from her dreadful past darted to the front of her mind.

Jareth was clueless.
He had no experience in children crying, and refused to look back on the times from Sarah's visit.
He jerked forward and wiped the girls newly formed tears with his personal handkerchief.

(Is that how you spell it? I'm dumb lol)

Her dark beautiful orbs opened slightly, fully set on Jareth, who was now laying on the edge of the bed, stroking her arm, which was still tightly gripped to the large pillow.

Still clueless, Jareth put his arms behind the girls bent back and pushed her into him, causing her to fully let go of the pillow, and quickly wrap her arms around Jareth.
She wasn't used to this much love, but was very grateful.

Jareth hasn't been used to this much love either, but tightened his grip on the girl, and let her sobs ring out onto the crook of his neck.

He slowly started stroking her back, trying to soothe her.
After all, even though he was Fae, he had been keeping close eye on what the Mortals do normally on the Aboveground.

He still had to explain everything to Sedina, he wasn't sure how much she knew, and how much she didn't know.
Everything was going on at once for the two and it was too much.
The girl continued to sob her heart out on the mans shoulder, she had been waiting for it to come flowing out of her.
She was weak, and she knew it.

After telling herself for months, years even,

'you deserve nothing, nobody cares. It shall remain inside for eternity.' She still made Jareth pity her.
She couldn't let this happen, she didn't deserve it. Any of it.
Who does she think she is?! Wishing for someone to take her away from all of her problems, overloading all of her problems onto Jareth.

Her heart stung from the realisation. more tears prickled.
She shoved Jareth's arms off of her, she moved the pillow and stood up carefully, trying not to damage her back, not that it mattered to her anymore.

"I'm sorry. I can't believe I just-... I'm sorry, I'll go. You won't have to deal with my problems anymore." Jareth was just as confused as she fended off his hug, it took a lot in him to hug damnit!