Chapter 4

The whole team muttered his name, and a shiver ran down their spines... before Akaashi lifted the painting and another photo fell out from behind.

Opening the photo, it was a simple one taken clearly from a window as it looked down onto a court. There were people in the picture but way to small to see who but the photo was clearly a picture of a practice match.

"Is that Seirin?"

Midorima readjusted his glasses as he looked over the photo. The others nodded in agreement despite not knowing what the school looked like. It...just felt right.

Trying to figure out where to go next wasn't as hard as what but as to how. They know they needed to find the room where the picture was taken but... How?

They wracked their brains together. They were the Miracles, of course they could solve this.

Their clues were that the cute phantom was a baby blue headed boy. His name was Kuroko Tetsuya and he is definitely not alive despite them clearly seeing him before he dissappeared. He was the secret of Teiko and became known as the phantom when he went to Seirin in high school.

And now they needed to find the lost building of Seirin and find where that picture was taken...

"oh yeah I took a picture myself!"

Aomine pulled out his camera and opened its gallery...and there it was.

Kuroko casually standing by the marble statue with a light smile gracing his face. Looking closer, he gave a light hearted chuckle as he zoomed in onto the phantom.

" Tetsu you bastard..."

The others looked at him in surprise as he showed them the picture.

An address was on his uniform as he stood still but that wasn't what surprised the team.

"You called him Tetsu..." Akaashi started wide eyed with a look of confusion. Aomine also realized what he did and confusion hit him too.

"You're right... It just felt...natural."

They agreed at how natural it sounded and had to shake it off. They had things to do.

Momoi joined them as they headed to the location, their minds pounding as they braced themselves. The address was in the woods and they were ready for a hike.

Surprisingly as they got closer, instead of wondering if they were going the right direction, they felt as if they knew they were near and soon enough, the trees parted and a run down school sat in the middle of the clearing.

Number Two frantically started to pull forward and he quickly lead them through the halls, arriving at a club room that was locked.

"I'm guessing this key would be for this room..."

" Try it Akaacchi! "

Akaashi slid the key inside and turned it with a small nervous sweat. It opened and the team held their breath as they stepped inside.

And right there... under the moonlight...was Kuroko.

His pale body sat on the desk by the window as he looked out with a lost gaze, holding a basketball.

He slowly turned his head in their direction and gave a small smile

"Hello everyone..."

The Miracles stood still and they could all feel it. The strange pounding in their heads that wanted a way out. They...

"Why do I know you..." Momoi said as tears started to flow down her cheek. She had no idea why she was crying but she felt like she was seeing a long lost friend.

Kuroko slowly got up before making his way slowly to them.

"Well.. I guess you really wouldn't know after being reincarnated..."

He smiled sadly as he lifted a hand to cup Momoi's face.

"I guess I really was the only one who became a ghost..."

Momoi gasped as her cheek felt ice cold. She felt feverish and warm inside despite it all and it took all she could to not faint. Kuroko let go and started to make his way to the others.

"But it was enough to just see your faces again." he smiled as he held up a fist for Aomine.

"Wait... reincarnation? That's impossible..." started Aomine as he fistbumped the phantom but the pounding intensified as he came in contact and he too, was about to pass out.

"I'm so glad the Miracles came together again."

Kuroko went around and just like the first two, once contact was made, they were on the edge of fainting.

"I missed you all so much..."

By now, all the Miracles were on the floor as he sat down with them. Tears swelled in the corners of his clear blue eyes as he held out a hand.

"Huh... Why am I crying?" All the Miracles muttered to themselves as they felt tears fall down their own faces. Their thoughts all jumbled together as they listened to Kuroko.

"I just alway wanted to say thank you."

What's going on?

"Thank you, for everything."

Hold on... We still need to know...

"Thank you for staying together until the end..."

Wait, don't go...

"I will continue to watch over you all from the shadows."

The Miracles at that moment felt something inside them leave, maybe it was them from the past life but as they looked up, they saw themselves crowd around Kuroko.

They all looked happy and a sense of relief hit the Miracles

Kuroko then turned away for a moment before waving at them with a smile.

"Goodbye!"

And he disappeared.