Chapter 1

Lauren's POV

It was a couple of days before the start of our group camping trip. There were eight of us going, and I was really looking forward to seeing everyone. This week was going to be really fun, and I was quite excited. It had been Joey's idea. He used to go camping a lot as a child, and wanted us all to try it.

Will, my boyfriend, wasn't too keen on me going. We'd had a massive argument when I told him what the plan was. But I told him I was going, and that was the end of that conversation. He didn't talk to me for three days, but soon realised it had nothing to do with him, and that I would be going regardless of anything he said.

I was sat on my bed, surrounded by my clothes and bag. I didn't want to take a suitcase with me, so I had a soft bag I'd use instead. I grabbed my packing list from my bedside table and read over it a couple of times, making sure I hadn't forgotten anything from it. Once I was certain I had listed everything, I started packing my things into the bag.

A couple of hours later, I was done. I still had a few more bits to add, but I couldn't do that until the morning I was leaving. I picked up my phone and saw I had a couple of missed messages from our camping group chat.

JoJo: 2 days! See you all bright and early on Saturday!

Julia: Thanks for the daily update, Joey! What time do you want us again?

JoJo: Say 9ish?

Meredith: Sounds perfect. See you then! Can't wait to see you all!

I grinned at the conversation my friends had been having only moments before. This was going to be such a fun week. Just as I was about to put my phone down, it started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and smiled.

"Hey JoJo!" I answered, sitting back down on my bed.

"Hey Lo. How's packing going?" he asked.

I smiled, "I've literally just finished actually. What about you?" I replied.

"I'm done too. Anyway, I was thinking. Since you're coming over on tomorrow for the movie night, do you just want to stay over? I can pick you up at 5 maybe and then it saves you going home, or leaving your car over here," Joey suggested.

"Yeah, that would be great actually. I don't know why I didn't think of that," I replied.

"Well I am known for coming up with genius ideas," he said, clearly wearing his typical grin. "I'm kidding, Lo."

I rolled my eyes, "I know, JoJo. Anyway, I should probably go and make a start on dinner. Will's coming over tonight," I said, looking at the time.

"Oh ok then," Joey said. "I'll see you tomorrow, Lo."

I smiled, "See you tomorrow, JoJo. Bye."

For some reason, I couldn't help but notice a hint of sadness in his voice as he said goodbye. Shrugging it off, I headed to the kitchen to start preparing dinner. I made a start on cooking before heading back to my room to get changed. I pulled on a dress and some tights before fixing up my makeup and hair. Heading back into the kitchen, I laid the table and continued making dinner.

I checked the time. Will was supposed to be here 15 minutes ago. I checked my phone. Nothing. I put the rest of dinner on hold as I didn't want to ruin it. Another 10 minutes passed, then another 15. I tried calling him, but he didn't answer. I was about to give up when there was a knock at the door. I sighed and went to answer it, surprised to see Will standing there nearly an hour late.

"Hey sweet cheeks," he said, walking in and kissing my cheek. I hated that nickname.

"Where have you been? I was worried about you," I said, confused as to why he had turned up now.

"You said meet at 8," he said. I was convinced I had said 7, but I didn't want to argue.

"Oh, sorry. Dinner will be ready soon," I said, walking into the kitchen and heating dinner up again.

When it was ready, I called Will into the kitchen where dinner was on the table.

"This looks great, baby girl," Will said. Every nickname he gave me I hated. Usually I loved nicknames, but I didn't like the ones Will chose for me. I tried telling him about it, but the message never got through, so I just gave up.

After dinner, Will and I were sat in the living room. My legs rested on his lap as I scrolled through my phone. Will was playing video games. "So we're hosting this party on Saturday night, you coming?" he asked, not taking his eyes off the video game.

I sighed, "Will, you know I'm going camping on Saturday," I said. He shut off the video game and turned to look at me. "You're still going?" he asked. I put my phone down and stood up.

"Yes, I'm still going. I'm allowed to go away with my friends. You can't control me. And you know full well that I said 7 tonight. I have never once asked you over for dinner after seven," I said, sounding a bit more forceful than I meant to.

"I'm outta here," Will said, standing up, grabbing his jacket and storming out of the apartment. It was going to be a long night.

••••••••

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my first richpez fic. I'm planning on publishing a chapter a day. This is the first book I've written all the way through before publishing, so I'm really excited to see what you guys think!

Also I really want to read more richpez stuff so if you've got any recommendations please let me know cause I'd love to read them!

E xo