Prolouge (PLS Read)

I stared at my new school before finally stepping in. Rust slowly envelopes its enormous gate, almost devouring it whole. The buildings' also remarkable because of its vintage and gothic structure.

Today's the first day of classes. I hope it would turn out great. I walk among the sea of students as I scanned the schedule on my phone. It's now 7:56 in the morning and I still have 34 minutes before my first class starts. I need to find my room fast or I'll be late.

It took me twenty minutes to search for it which is located on the sixth floor. I entered and find the room gloomy and dark like a prison cell with only a few lightbulbs giving light to the center and front aisle. The floor isn't even covered with tiles nor paint, rather just cement. It's my first time being in a room like this. Maybe it's just their concept? But doesn't it make the students feel uncomfortable staying in a place like this? I looked around me but the students looked unbothered so I just shrugged my shoulders then find a seat.

I examined my surrounding hoping to find a good chair to accommodate until I saw a guy that caught my attention. He's sitting in the fourth row but I don't have the courage to sit beside him so I just decided to stay in the third row. Before taking a seat, I looked at my guy seatmate and he seemed to be a bit 'scary'? Or maybe I'm just being judgmental? I quietly and secretly moved my chair a bit away from him in order not to call his attention.

My classmates were still having their conversation and seemed to be getting to know each other. I should be doing the same but I don't have the courage to do so. I just looked around until my eyes landed on that guy once again. He actually looks attractive but he looks quiet and mysterious too. He's just sitting alone and looking everywhere but me. After a while, that guy transferred to the third row on the second column while I'm at the fourth column. He sat beside Rei, a former classmate of mine in high school. At first, I thought this would be a romance story but the story turned 'frighteningly' 360 degrees.

We have this guy classmate which you'll surely notice because of his bulky figure and bald head. What's more disturbing is that he's seated in front of me. I don't want to judge someone especially that it's just the first time I saw him but his aura's dangerously intimidating. What's with this room? It's making everyone look scary.

While roaming my eyes around our classroom, a lady, wearing a formal blue knee-length skirt with a long sleeve top, entered. 'Click-clack' sound filled the room when her heels clattered on the floor. She has a petite figure and seems to be nice. I hope so. "Good morning, class. I'm Mrs. Ramos, your adviser for this semester," she spoke as she walked elegantly towards the front. After a long greeting and introduction, she asked for our names but I wasn't paying attention. I'll get to know them as time passes by.

"My name's Felip," the quiet guy shortly introduced himself. Oh, so the name's Felip. I guess he's a man of few words.

Our professor finally began her discussion. I was listening and taking down notes but I noticed that the girl beside the bulky guy sat on his lap while the guy embraced her from the back with his big arms. I was taken aback by that scenario. Aren't we in a classroom and not a motel? How could they flirt with students and a teacher surrounding them? My complaint seemed to be answered as my teacher saw and instructed them to sit properly. The guy finally released the girl as she sat back on her chair once again. The girl's hair is almost covering her face as she looked down. I noticed her hand trembled. By the sight of her, she looked frightened.

"Deirdre, here," a girl with long hair said as she handed over a paper to that girl.

Wait. That name's familiar. Oh! She has the same name as my cousin. Could it be her? Well, maybe not. She's way older than me. Maybe she's already in her early twenties and I'm 18. I cautiously peeked at the girl's face and much to my surprise, she really is my cousin. How come she's here and in the same grade and classroom as mine?