12

It was the usual Monday.

Micah drove me to therapy today, again.

I didn't know how I was going to tell him about me leaving for the rest of summer, when he just got here a month ago. Especially after all of the times we've kissed.

I sat in the passenger seat of the car with the window down, letting the breeze hit my hand which glided with the wind. I took mental images of this moment. The sound of Drake playing through the speakers and Micah rapping along set the mood.

When we got to the center, we were doing a group exercise today.

Those old rainbow parachutes we used to play with in gym class in elementary school was brought out. We played that game where if the color was called, the person on that color had to quickly run under the parachute and make it to the opposite side. This activity helped me reconnect with my old childhood soul. I remembered how fun it used to be to just be a kid with no responsibilities. Everyone enjoyed the activity.

After that we were all assigned a partner and practiced trust skills. One of us were to be blindfolded while the other guided them through an obstacle course. Some arguments did break out, but in all I would say it worked. I was teamed up with a new girl named Cassie. She told me that she was in therapy because she was sexually assaulted for years by her mom's now ex-boyfriend. It was terrible and broke my heart. She said she now has trust issues for all males, but I was glad that she could trust me. I told her about my father, and this time I barely cried.

I guess what Dr. Elington said was true.

After I guided Cassie, she then guided me. It was funny because I kept tripping on the rope that I was supposed to walk over.

Before I knew it, our hour and a half was up.

I was actually going to miss this over the summer.

"Well group, today we have to say a small goodbye to one of our own. Don't worry, she'll be back in the fall. I hope you have an amazing summer with your family, Lena. We'll all miss you deeply." Dr. Elington said with an assuring yet sad smile.

Fuck.

I looked over to Micah and he had a confused look on his face.

"Let us do our final group hug with Lena until the fall!" She said and a small tear left my eye.

"Awe, I'll miss you guys." I joined the hug.

"For the rest of you, I would see you next week!" Dr. Elington broke the hug.

I started to head out of the center and towards Micah's car.

"Hey, Lena. What does Dr. Elington mean by you leaving?" Micah asked with a confused face.

"I wanted to tell you afterwards."

"What's going on?"

"I'm going to California until September." I looked down at my feet.

"A-Are you serious? What for?" He sounded slightly upset.

"My sister got hurt and my mom is forcing me to go with her to take care of her."

"But, we just started-"

"I know that, Micah. But I have to take care of my sister." I said defensively.

"Of course. I know you do." He shook his head.

"I'll be back in time for school." I smiled trying to cheer him up.

"I'll wait for you." He looked up at me and told me.

"You'll wait for me? What's that supposed to mean?"