001

~~~
June 10, 2018

"Anuhea behave okay?" My mom said using my middle name to me. I smiled and nodded my head hugging her once more. "Stay safe Mija." My dad smiled weakly at me, "don't worry pops." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Last call for flight 237 Hawaii to California, last call for flight 237 Hawaii to California"

"Make sure those cousins of ours watch out for you okay? Don't switch up on me." My brother smiled at me. "Don't worry braddah. I'll still be a local girl" I giggled and hugged him goodbye. Saying bye to my family and moving back to California with my two cousins.

My entire flight to California all I could think about was how much fun its gonna be. The last time I saw my cousins was the summer going into Freshmen year. My parents just told me that we were moving back to Hawaii.

Mainly for the reason that my mom wanted us to live out there with her family. I had no complaints, other than I'd be away from my cousins. Who were literally my only friends that I had, they called us the Lopez Trio.

We would talk on the phone and FaceTime every now and then, but it wasn't the same in person. Since I recently just graduated high school my parents are letting me move back to California. My parents trust me enough to make the right choices.

I'm half Hawaiian and half Mexican, my dad is siblings with Frank and Julians dads. We grew up together until my grandpa passed away and my mom wanted us to move to Hawaii to take care of our grandma, since she's the oldest out of eight.

*At Airport*

I was looking all around for them but it was impossible due to how many people were here. Until I heard my name. "Melody! Melody!" I snapped my head to the left and saw my cousin Julian standing with two other boys. I smiled brightly and ran to him. "Juju!" I yelled and ran and gave him a hug.

"Oh my gosh I missed you so much!" I said squeezing him tightly. "I missed you too cuz." He chuckled and hugged me tighter as well. We finally let go as I looked to see the two boys who looked familiar. "Mel, these are our best friends Danny and Logan." Julian said as they smiled at me. "Guys this is our cousin Melody." "It's nice to finally meet you. Heard a lot about you." Logan smiled and held his hand out.

I shook my head and put his hand down. "Same here." I smiled "But I give hugs." I chuckled and gave him a hug then Danny. Logan was definitely cute, and his adorable smile just was everything. "Frankie doesn't know right?" I asked. "No ma'am. He's gonna be very surprised tonight." Julian chuckled

I smiled as the boys offered to grab my stuff and we headed to the car. "You wanna get something to eat?" Logan asked in which he was driving as I sat in the back with Julian. "Hell yes." I said as they laughed. "So how's it in Hawaii?" Logan asked as I can see Julian glaring at Logan.

I looked at him confused as he just shook his head it was nothing.

Julian's PoV:

"So she was born there but moved here when she was six and then moved back to Hawaii before freshmen year?" Danny asked as I nodded my head yes. "Yeah, we all used to be hella tight. But her grandpa passed so her mom moved them out there." I replied texting her that we'll be there in five.

"So she's Hawaiian?" Logan asked as I turn to him and see him smirking. "Listen up fuckers, that's Mine and Franks cousin, so that means OFF LIMITS!" I squinted at the two.

"Bro shes fucking gorgeous what the fuck." Danny announced, who found her Instagram. "Seriously." I said shaking my head. "What?" He laughed. We've talked about Melody multiple of times around the boys, it's just we never spoke her name nor showed her picture to the boys.

I looked around trying to see if I could find her and lucky enough I did. "Melody! Melody!" I called out as her head shot our way.

Melody's PoV:

We ate at the place called Canes. "Dat chickens ono" I said taking another bite out of the chicken. Danny and Logan looked at me confused. "What? What I say?" I asked confused. "What the hell did you say?" Logan asked confused. Julian just continued to eat because he already knew what I was saying.

Then it hit me, I'm speaking pidgin. "Shit my bad" I laughed "I said that the chickens good, like it's bomb." I said. "I grew up talking pidgin, so don't be alarmed but some grammatical errors." I laughed.

Danny started talking to Julian about something while I sat there with Logan. "So, Melody." He started. "What's it like out there?" He asked amused. I giggled as I answered "Very beautiful, and nice. I love it honestly." He just nodded and smiled "What about you? What's it like over here? I mean I didn't even know they had a Canes" I laughed as he did too.

"Well it's still the usual bipolar weather. We still got In-N-Out." He pointed out making me laugh. "Bitch I told you that's my cousin!" Julian said throwing a fry at Logan. "Julian." I said shaking my head.

"What? I told them you're off limits!" He said looking at Logan. "Don't worry bout me cousin. We're just having a nice conversation that's all." I shrugged as he sighed. "And Julian, I'm with Sophie you already know." Logan said. Oof that kinda hurted me though. I just met the guy but definitely thought I had a shot.

*Midnight*

"Imma just call him up." I whispered. We were currently outside of Franks house. I wanted to surprise him for his birthday, because he thought I was coming in July.

*Ring*

*Facetime with Cuzzo💚*

Cuzzo💚: Cousin! *waves and smile*

Girl Cousin💜: Hi cousin! Happy Birthday! *smiles and whispers

Cuzzo💚: Thank you! What are you doing? Why are you whispering? *laughs*

Girl Cousin💜: I- *paused* Am losing my voice.

I look at the boys who looked at me and shook their heads as we finally went to the front door.

Cuzzo💚: Aye I cant wait till your here so that we can do some dumb shit*chuckles*

Girl Cousin💜: Then come open the door *smiles*

I hung up quickly before Seeing his reaction. "Knock" I said as Julian did so and instantly the door is opened by Frank. "Melly!" He announced and basically jumped onto me. "Hey Frankie" I chuckled and hugging him tightly.

Instagram

Liked by frraaannk and 389 others

Melly_Lopez: Reunited and it's feels so good😌
Tagged: Morejuliann, Frraaannk

View all 26 comments

Frraaannk: It's been too long cousin!

Morejuliann: I missed you cousin!!

*

Kermeq started following you
DannyPlascencia_ started following you

Melly_lopez started following Kermeq
Melly_lopez started following DannyPlascencia_

~~~