Finale

Bet you never expected this! Hello! If you’ve forgotten who I am, I won’t blame ya; I would too. I realized that I never gave Lightwing a proper ending and I’m here to give you it, I started writing one months ago but my inspiration became like dust. A few updates on me, I’m still into Hermitcraft, I’m on online school currently, my mental health kinda just died and I started streaming and making videos for my channel. Maybe check it out? Your choice! ANYWAYS! ONTO THE FINALE :)

The cold empty walls of quartz gleamed in the beautiful  white starlight glowing through the tall windows lining the walls, pillars placed between the windows, curtains of beautiful lilac placed on the sides of the windows. A carpet rolled down the hallway, following a much more vibrant purple, leading to a throne area.

It was quiet, the loud noise of heavy footsteps dragged through, the clicking of heels combined. Watcher Y and Watcher Z dragged Xelqua across the hall, the ringing of silence balanced in his ears.

‘You were told not to talk to them’ Watcher Y hissed, clearly angry at Xel.

Watcher X’s neck rolled a bit, his face drained of any happiness or emotion, tiredness dripped in his eyes. It had been a while now, at least a week or so since the mysterious person had appeared and had given him those strange items. Things were still foggy surrounding what was before he was taken here but things had slowly come back, Finn’s words and items were what he guessed was the cause.

He kept them well hidden from the higher watchers, letting him keep those memories.

But today was a smidge different by those standards.

One of the head watchers had actually found them, somehow they knew who’d given him them. Now they were pissed and were dragging him for either an exile or an execution, honestly that depended on what kind of angry they were.

Right now, seemed like an execution

He felt many eyes fall upon him as they put him in the front room, placing him into a simple chair in which they also tied his hands to the back of the chair.

He was the centre of the room.

‘Hᒷ∷ᒷ ᓭ╎ℸ ̣ ᓭ ℸ ̣ ∷ᔑ╎ℸ ̣ 𝙹∷ x

lᔑ||╎リ⊣ ╎リ ⍑╎ᓭ 𝙹∴リ ⎓ᔑ⚍ꖎℸ ̣ ᓭ

iリ ∴⍑╎ᓵ⍑ ⍑╎ᓭ ∷ᔑリꖌ ╎ᓭ ᓭℸ ̣ ∷╎!¡!¡ᒷ↸ ᔑリ↸ ℸ ̣ ᔑꖌᒷリ

╎リ ∴⍑╎ᓵ⍑ ⍑ᒷ'ꖎꖎ ↸╎ᒷ.’

(TRANSLATION:
Here sits traitor X
Laying in his own faults
In which his rank is stripped and taken
in which he'll die.)

Watcher Q began their ceremony, the burning light flowed through gaps in his figure.

T⍑ᒷ !¡⚍リ╎ᓭ⍑ᒲᒷリℸ ̣  ⍑ᔑᓭ ʖᒷᒷリ ↸ᒷᓵ╎↸ᒷ↸

⍑╎ᓭ リᒷᓵꖌ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ʖᒷ ᓭꖎ╎ℸ ̣

⍑╎ᓭ !¡⚍リ╎ᓭ⍑ᒲᒷリℸ ̣  ╎ᓭ ᔑリ ʖ∷⚍ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎ ᒷ ̇/ᒷᓵ⚍ℸ ̣ ╎𝙹リ

(The punishment has been decided
his neck will be slit
his punishment is an brutal execution)

They drew an axe, made of pure netherite and had a beautiful violet glow of enchantments who layered on top.

He heard chanting from somewhere, words who were pretty much stitched together and weren’t real sentences in his mind.

‘You shouldn’t have done that, Grian’ Watcher Z leaned down to his level, speaking in his ear.

Their words sent a shiver down his spine, watching as they stood away and took the axe from Q.

Everything slowed down to the former watcher, he felt water being brought to his eyes while he looked up at them.

Watcher Y watched from behind, a sinister grin stretched on their pale face.

Suddenly, a massive TNT herd exploded near the door, dust clouds of huge sizes filled the room.

He used this time to struggle with the ties on his wrists, watching as a group of people without masks burst into the hall. They looked familiar from somewhere but he couldn’t tell, the deer-man with the suit had looked over to him and he saw his eyes widen at Grian… Xelqua…

He heard his hooves gallop over in a sort-of run to the former-watcher, struggling with the ties until they snapped and he grabbed his multicolored hand and ran. They returned to the group when the watchers yelled, the dust settled and disappeared, they saw that he was untied and lost it.

They held the axe in a tight grasp and ran at them, aiming for the deer-man who held his arms in his face. Out of pure instinct, a wing rose and covered him before Z hit him.

There was the smell of burning flesh as it wiped through Grian’s parrot wing, feathers beginning to have the ends turn to a crispy black. He heard gasps and even a worried question of ‘are you okay’ but ignored it, moving forward, opening his wings to make himself seem bigger.

Panicked as their fellow watchers had fled and left Z alone, they backed up and ran towards where Grian’s execution was planned.

They looked around then used some of their magic to cause a torch to fall onto the carpet, letting the blaze burn and grab at almost everything.

The group fled back to not interfere with the fight. The deer looked beyond to see what was happening.

They saw quite a bit, Watcher Z taking major swings at Grian and ending with hitting him quite a bit, as well as getting hit themselves by the small hermit. He could see that Grian’s cuts and swipes were burning pretty badly, his face bad splatters of blood and watcher blood -which surprisingly, is a violent purple- with bruises and cuts littering his skin.

He was pulled along by Xisuma who was terrified of the idea of the hallway collapsing, as the walls and ceiling were now trembling.

Through the flames he saw that Grian and Watcher stood still for a moment before…

“NO!”

Grian was impaled, taking an axe through the gut, feeling a sudden sharp cut in the air.

Grian’s wings faltered, pain surging in his body, feeling the crisp of burning flesh light up again. He grabbed the axe and threw it, cutting at Z’s neck in anger, they had hurt both him and his family so he was taking his sweet revenge.

He turned to where the group were now exiting, holding a resisting Mumbo who tried grabbing at Grian, tears rushing down. Grian gave him a smile, giving a salute before finally falling to the floor while Mumbo and the others were taken through the portal.

He looked up at the crumbling ceiling, empty eyes of… happiness… he had finally remembered his family. Hermitcraft. But now everything was done, he was going to die here in the fire, possibly be crushed by the ceiling of concrete powder looking blocks.

He put the axe to his side, letting his wings press into the ground and let out shaking breaths. They were so light, like they weren’t there, light wings.

He smiled to himself and closed his eyes, feeling air suddenly fall on top of him then a heavy mass.

Then nothing.

thank you for your support in this book, it's been a tough time but I never expected to go this far. please go support me on my new account Finnegin

thank you <3