Emotional Overloads

Someone on here asked me about my emotions and if I've ever had a low/depressed mood and felt sad but couldn't explain it. That's something I really want to talk about since it was brought up.

So yes, I do have moments like that, or I used to. There would be times when it was so bad that I would cut myself by digging my nails into my skin or wishing I could scream really loud. I just felt so emotionally overwhelmed that it was like my mind was going completely insane.

I couldn't do anything to help those attacks either. Everything I did just seemed to make it worse, rather than make it go away. I even tried to hang out with my friends because they always cheered me up. It was so bad that it never stopped either.

It was to the point where it was extremely disabling. Eventually, I talked to my psychiatrist about it. He put me on a drug called abilify which has helped a lot. I don't have those states anymore, and if I do, I can take my Klonopin to get rid of them.

But I have to tell you, going through those periods made me want to scream and cry at the same time. It was usually for no reason at all too. I never really figured out why I went through it either.

Though, sometimes that's the thing. We have trouble expressing our emotions and that can lead to a lot of stress for us. It gets to the point where we start doing things like self-injury or something, thinking it helps.

I was actually pretty scared because I had no idea what was going on with my head. I had never felt that amount of emotional stress. I mean I guess maybe it could have been from everything I've bottled up, but I don't know. It was something I'm just glad I can control with medication.