ETHAN

I will! I can do this, there is no way I’m going back now.
I want to know what is wrong with her.  I literally have feelings this will cause me to get in trouble but how can I find it out without any try, If somebody has some power to shut their mouths they can shut, I won’t go back from here now. 
I seriously need to stop thinking about all these kinds of things; I have plenty of work to do besides, Ishita already teased me about that, No!!
CORRECTION “She literally admonished me about my freaking work.”

I shake my head and laughed with myself, Man!! It’s going to be a crazy thing around her.
I called Renny for today’s schedule, but there is one more important thing to do before anything else. I headed towards the central monitoring room, where I will find out something to prove myself wrong.
“ Hey, Kartik” I greet my head of a central monitoring cabin.
“ Hi Ethan, You here suddenly, Why? you should have called me,” He said.
“ Don’t worry, I need you to find something for me, will you do that?
“ Of course Man, what’s up,” He asked enthusiastically,
He is a really a great guy with tech skills in his brain. He has the power to hack your mind and brain too....huh...Nope, anyway, that was a bad joke!!
But he’s expert in every related thing with hacking and manipulating systems, just one click with few codes, and all the things will just be bloomed in front of you in a matter of seconds.
“ I want to see the footage from the building elevator area from each floor of each day by around seven to eight, could you do that?” I asked.
“ Of course! have a seat and let me see, what I can do for you.” I took a seat as he said.
There is a large screen in front of us each of them showing different parts of our units, there is one drawback in here is, there is no security installation in the stairwells but they have few installations at the end of each floor in between stairs and lift,  So we could see whoever is using the stairs or the elevator!!
It just a matter of a few minutes,
Kartik starts his work and as I said in a few minutes it’s done, We both were shocked at the same time, there is only Ishita using stairs all this time.
SHIT!! I rest my head on the chair arm and closed my eyes, I was really hoping to be wrong in here. It’s so difficult to digest these types of things without having a second thought. I don’t even know what is her reason behind all this.
“ Dude, She’s Ishita, right?” He inquired shockingly,
“ Yeah” My throat was choked to say anything more than that, and then I managed to get away from there as soon as possible.
I need to solve this as immediately as possible now.                                                                           
I rushed to my cabin and in a few minutes, Renny walked in with a bunch of files,   “ What’s that?  I asked you for today’s schedule only!” I asked irritatingly confused. There are so many files and a bunch of paperwork in her hands.
She shrugged “ Ishita asked me to give them to you, so you can sign them up” And said.
WHAT??? Is she out of her mind? It will take me two days’ to sign them up only if I don’t move from my place!
“ Tell her, It will take some time to signed them,” I said. She nods her head, and explain to me my schedule for today, Ohh hell!! three meetings back to back and now I have to sign these whole paperwork shit, It’s not like I can’t manage to do that, but I have to leave today with her and there will be no way to go. If I will have to do all these things.
“ Ohh and one more thing,” Renny said, she put her hand in her jacket like she’s trying to find something;  she frowns, has she lost something? and then she retrieved the pen drive from her pocket and placed it in front of me. I gave her a questioning look.
“ It’s from her If you will get some spare time from these papers;  there is a presentation in that which you have to review; Her words, not mine huh!!”  She looks amused by all those things, I run my hands through my hairs and growl in frustration, She suppresses herself from laughing.
“ What so funny?” I snapped.
“ Um- Nothing, If you need anything you know where to find me” She laughed and left.
Dammit!! This is obviously some kind of trap, Is she trying to piss me off? because if that’s kind of thing she’s planning to do, I promise it’s not going to be good.
I opened the first file and was really surprised by that,  this is what we have discussed just a few days ago and it’s already in front of me just like as I want. GREAT!! 
I read all those things carefully and I am really impressed by her. I mean, I knew she would do that, but it will be in this manner,  I didn’t expect.
Afterward, there was a knock on my door, and dad walked in.
“ Hey, you seem really busy” He looked at the files in front of me and then at me. 
“ Yes, Your so-called project head,  handed over this work to me, can you believe that?” I rolled my eyes and he laughed.
All of these people really enjoying this view!!
“ Okay you busy head, at least there is someone who has that power other than me;  Now, get up we have meetings to attend and you are late!”
I look over at my watch, Damn it’s two.
I get up from that mess and walked with him towards the conference area.
As we were passing through her door,  I take a glimpse on her direction, The door was closed of course, but they have the side’s open doors, And I caught her, she’s reading something so seriously, her hands pressed tightly on sides of her head. Like a poor puppy! I chuckled at that sight, She is the most impossible person, I have ever met in my life.
After those hell long meetings, It’s already five-thirty. She is better to be in her office. I take long strides toward her cabin, and without bothering to knock the doors, I held them open.
She left the office without me! I closed my eyes and take steady breaths to control my anger.
NO!! WAIT!!!  She is here!
Her laptop is here and it’s open, it means she is still in here!
I take a look at the things whatever was she doing, Crazy! coffee addict women, There are four empty coffee cups, in here.
I turned around on her desk and stood beside her chair, God there is a laptop, desktop, papers, and files everywhere but they are so neat and clean.
If you take a glance at my table with these volumes of workload, you will definitely see the difference. And I thought I had a workload, I shook my head at that thought.  and then her laptop screen caught my attention, there is a picture of her with two boys standing either side of her, they were grinning from ear to ear and looks so happy with themselves. Ishita though, I have never seen her before like that, she was really happy in that picture, I studied them carefully they must be best friends or more, the way they look so carefree and enjoying their own joke. Who were they? Because as per my investigation, I didn’t know any of her friends or anybody involved in her life.
She pursued her degree in Mumbai, Masters in Pune, Worked in the multiples manufacturing industry, and also as a freelancer expert.  She has a little brother and Mother they live in Mumbai, that’s it! I don’t know anything other than that,  apparently about her dad, he died years ago. Her mother raised her all by herself.
Then, She worked with Siraj and now she is here that’s all the things, I know about her.
There is another one thing on her screen a folder named “ RISHABH” what’s that? Curiosity bubbled in my chest but the door of her office burst open, the files I was holding dropped from my hands and she bends down to take it from the ground.
I flushed, Jeez!! I feel like crap and a bit stalker.
She lifts her eyebrows questioningly,
“ Waiting for you” I declared, Thank god I didn’t stammer. She would have thought what I am doing here?
“ Your best friends,” I asked her, pointing my fingers towards her laptop screen.
“ Yeah,” She replied without even looking at me.
“ Really that’s it,” I asked sarcastically. She turned and smiled at me, but the thing is, I was taken aback at the sight of her expression. She smiled but it didn’t reach her eyes, they are hurt, sorrow with pain, and hiding a lot of things at the same time.
Am I putting her in something she doesn’t deserve?  but if I will take back step right now, she will never let me in. Nobody else does know anything about her. But I don’t care if people want to know anything about her. I want to know all the things and I’ll do anything to know that.
She is really a big Mystery!! Or maybe a Mistake for me, No! I hope it’s not.
“ Are you ready to leave?” I asked her, as she makes herself busy with the files again.
“ Um_ yeah where are we heading?” She asked.
“ Dean told me you are missing Indian food like your home” I smirked
“ He did?” She narrows her eyes to me.  I lift my hands up in the air in surrender. Dean!! man best luck with this now, I muttered under my breath.
“ Don’t worry about me! You can go, I will go by myself” She folds her arms and nods towards the door.
Damn, there is no way I will go going by myself, there is one more thing I want to see other than that, having food with her was just a reason.
“ I am the boss here!” I challenge her. This way she couldn’t deny that.
“ Not on my food” She stated. I can’t help but defeated laugh escape from my lips and she looks like what’s wrong with me.  It’s her face, she doesn’t have any idea about it.
“ Okay, Let it be, I’m missing Indian food. It’s been really long I had it; So it will be better if we go together, I will have your company and we will get some real food” I explained. She looks at me with confused eyes. Obviously, she didn’t know anything about me either as I don’t know anything about her. So I explain before she can ask me anything.
“ My mother was Indian, my mom and dad were married for years and she passed away when I was seven so somehow I remembered her cooking for me delicious dishes”
“ Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know that” She apologized, I shrugged “ It’s long ago, I’m starving now can we go,” I asked pleadingly, She giggled as I make faces. I dropped my shoulders in relaxation thank God, it’s not up for a debate anymore.
As we were passing towards the elevator, She stopped abruptly.
That’s it!! I knew it will happen.
“ What happened?” I enquired.
“ Um_ Nothing, can we just take stairs,” She asked hesitatingly.
“Why? Are you crazy? It’s five floors down”
She nods her head, but didn’t say a word, say the thing dammit!! Why is she so afraid? What’s bothering her?
She took a deep breath and walk past me in the elevator. I stand beside her, she looks so tensed and shivering slightly. God, please let it be right! Please. Don’t let me regret this. 
I punched code for the private parking floor.
Suddenly, I heard her shallow breaths and she started to collapse on her knees, I held her close.
“ ISHITA” I scream, she looks like she is going to pass out. Panic swelled in my heart.
“ ISHITA!! Damn it! don’t close your eyes, don’t you dare to do that,”
Shit! Shit! I never thought it would happen this way.
I scream her name again, again and again, but there is no use, she closed her eyes long ago and tears oozing out from her closed eyes, I scoop her up in my arms. I’m the one who is responsible for this condition. For her pain. 
I took a deep breath and waited for the doors to open, those damn doors why they are taking this much of time?
Finally, those doors slide open, and I walked with her in my arms, she looks so small and pale.
I turned around and go straight towards my condo, I have to call Dr. Immediately. She is fighting with her breathing, I can see that.
DAD!!! As I entered in the house. I yelled. He has to be here, He is here every evening of every day, It’s another favourite place of my mother.
“ DAD!!”  I yelled again and placed her on the couch, She hasn’t opened her eyes. I called our doctor to come here as soon as possible,
“ ISHITA! ISHITA! Wake up please, I shouldn’t have done that, please wake up!” I kneel in front of her. I felt so defeated, so lost,
“ ETHAN! What’s wrong?”  Dad said from somewhere behind me,  I turned and ran towards him.
“ DAD! I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, I didn’t know this would happen” I choked. He was shocked at first seeing Ishita there in this shape but recovered himself quickly.
“ Calm down, just seat here, She will be fine” Dad assured me. I cover my face with my hands and close my eyes,  He doesn’t know anything,  It’s my fault. It was all my fault.
He didn’t ask me anything though, We just sat there starring to her wordless and soulless body.
After a few minutes, doctor walk- in and checked her vitals,
“ Don’t worry, She had a panic attack, She just needs some rest and she will be fine” He announced
“ Do you know, if she has some past medication history” He enquired, I and dad looked at each other questioningly,
“ What sort of medications you do mean,” Dad said
“ Like anxiety or depression, Something’s like that because the panic attack is not a kind of thing will come and go, It has to be in history,” Dr. Phill said.
He’s been always with us since I was a kid, we have known him and his family very closely.
We didn’t say a word, We have no idea whether she has that sort of medication or not.
“ Ethan, I will suggest you to bring her in my office maybe she’ll say something to me,” He asked me and I nod.  It will be so hard to take her there but I will try “I will finish the story I have started,”  and It’s not only her battle to fight anymore, whatever is in it to fight;  It’s our battle now” and I hope we will finish it together.
He starts her IV line and leaves.
“ Ethan, What’s wrong with her” Dad asked me, I could see he is tensed this whole time too.
“ I pressurized her to take the elevator” I choked and dad take a seat beside me,
“ Son, Don’t worry, I know you are trying to find her, and don’t you dare to blame yourself for this, because you cared about her, and that’s enough” He assured me.
I looked at her face, she looks so peaceful yet so closed. Whatever will take me to put her guard down I will take it, but I couldn’t see her like this. I know I have some kind of feelings for her but that’s my problem to deal with. I want to see the smile on her face as she was smiling in that picture of her laptop, and I will bring that smile again.
The doctor put her on some sedative and said she needs to calm down and there will be no other way for that, if she will wake-ups there is some chance she could have that attack again.
“ Ethan” Dad looked at me, I could see the concern and anxiety in his eyes. I’m sitting beside her bed which is exactly across from my dad’s, and he’s watching my every move.
“ Yes Dad, Don’t worry I’m fine!” I answered, I knew it, he will ask me to take some rest or eat something but I’m not in that mood now, I want to be here when she will wake up.
Dad nods his head in understanding and patted on my shoulders. I looked up at him, he smiled and leave me for my own good.