VI-Calum ( IV )

Calum went for a walk around the tree-dotted plain. At one point, he saw the monkeys whom he confronted earlier, sitting in a tree.

"BACK!"

The monkeys jumped, but they didn't run away like last time. Calum wished he'd brought his katana along.

Instead, he formed a bolt of Chakra and threw it at the ground near the monkeys. They still didn't go away.

"WHY WON'T YOU BUGGER OFF, FOR GODS' SAKES!?"

One of them had gotten some fruit from somewhere and started pelting Calum with it. He was to clouded by anger to catch it.

"DAMNIT!!" That was the first time he'd cursed.

He picked up the fruit, Chakra flowing through his hands, when a voice said, "Stop!"

It sounded like a little girl.

"Aella?" Calum glanced around, confused.

"Over here,"

Calum turned to see a little girl sitting in one of the branches with the troop of monkeys.

"Are you a nature spirit?"

His answer was a mango to the head.

"H—" Calum reigned his anger in. This little spirit did nothing to wrong him.

"Hey, what was that for?" He said, trying to be gentle.

"For being stupid. I'm not a spirit, I'm a goddess!"

The girl had green skin, as if chlorophyll ran through her veins. She had elfish features and wore a dress made of moss, decorated with flowers. On her head rested a crown of woven twigs.

"F-Fysis?" Calum managed.

"Yes, that's right,"

Oh gods, I'm done for, He thought. He would never had taken his anger out on the tree and the monkeys if he knew she was nearby.

"I get that you're mad. But you need to apologize,"

"I'm sorry, Lady Fys—" Calum got a kiwi fruit in his face. He rubbed his sore nose.

"Not to me, to the girl!" Fysis told him, hands on her hips.

What was she, seven? By that meaning did she take the form of a seven-year-old? That made Calum even more wary of her. It was the little ones that you had to reckon with most.

"I-I don't foll—" This time, it was a buckshot of strawberries.

"You said some really mean things to her. You need to go back and apologize,"

"Okay, Lady Fysis," Calum turned to the way he came.

"But first," Fysis said, "Do you know why you need to apologize?"

Calum thought very carefully before he answered, "Because I took out my anger on her?"

Another mango.

"No! Well, actually, partly. But take another guess,"

"I don't know," Calum said, "I was mad, I didn't stop to think about it!"

Calum caught the apple sailing towards him. His insides were already boiling again. 

"Think about it," Fysis said, "Go back to your argument,"

Calum did as he was told.

Calum had been annoyed by the fact Qi'ra kept aggravating him. She had no consideration for his feelings, so he became mad. He felt so betrayed by his father and Grandmaster Katari.