Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ Ⓕⓞⓤⓡ    -⃝ Ⓗⓔⓡⓑⓘⓔ

Chapter 4

"Herbie"

Grace and Ivy walked out of the school gates talking about the car that took them to school. "Why is our lives becoming all crazy now out of all times?" Ivy asked "I don't know-" Grace was cut off by a familiar honk.. The two watched as the little Beetle Bug drove into the school parking lot then parked right where it parked last time. "Guess our rides here." Grace said as they walked over to the car "Hey buddy." Ivy greeted, making the car honk back then open it's doors.

The two hoped inside this time Ivy in the driver seat. The car backed up then drove out of the school parking lot "Maybe we're still dreaming?..." Ivy asked putting her hands on the wheel "I don't know, but this is awesome. What are we going to name it? I mean if it's alive we should call it something." Grace said. The car honked then moved it's rearview mirror to show the back seats. Grace noticed the movement in the rearview mirror then looked up at the reflection the mirror was showing.

In the backseat there was a small piece of paper resting on one of the seats "There's a piece of paper in the back seat. Should I grab it?" Grace asked "I don't care." Ivy said, making Grace snort, then reach into the back seat and grab the note "It looks pretty old." Grace said flipping over the paper to reveal some writing. "Whoever's reading this. This car is different and you might want to return him but you shouldn't, you won't regret it. Meet Herbie, the love bug. A very lovable car who will help you no matter what, just as long as you believe in him. Take good care of Herbie will ya? Jim Douglas." Grace read aloud "So the car's name is Herbie?" Ivy asked, making the car do a little wheelie, "Woah!" Ivy laughs "Herbie's a cute name."

Herbie then drove into the driveway of Grace's house then opened his doors letting the two girls out "This is cool but....maybe we should return it to the junkyard." Ivy said making Herbie let out a little honk that...sounded like a whine. Herbie drove over to Ivy then bumped into her legs. "Aw c'mon look at him! Can we keep him!?" Grace asked making Ivy groan "But-" Ivy looked down at Herbie then sighed "Okay then.....but don't blame me for our parents getting arrested." Ivy said making Grace smile "Yey!" Grace cheered as Herbie did a little wheelie with a couple happy honks."Shh! Quiet Herbie, we can't let out parents hear you...C'mon. There's a shed in the backyard you can hide in."

Word Count: 448 words