𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹:𝙰𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝙳𝚊𝚠𝚗 𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚜.

Picture above is Draki as "Kia". Artist is Wlop (on every social media if I'm not wrong)
Note: this chapter is (again) unedited, so please pardon spelling mistakes and misplaced words
____________________
Drakiania's POV;
Using the Lance, I delivered one final blow to the grip of the adamantite lance that had been given to me by the Emperor, effectively shattered the lance into two pieces. Little shards of adamantite laid scattered across the space, they had been sent out everywhere when the lance's grip finally gave way to the Lance that had been infused with the strongest metal in YGDRASSIL; prismatic ores. The shards of adamntite slammed against the walls of the throne hall, clattering to the ground. I took a few steps back away from the broken weapon that sat on the ground, regaining a straightened posture as I rested the head of the Lance on my right shoulder. I let out a soft huff and wiped away the thin sheen of sweat that had gathered on my brow, allowing my crimson eyes to run along the length of the once shiny beautiful dark coloured lance. It may have been given to me by the enemy but it was a beautiful and powerful weapon nonetheless, I still couldn't help but feel that it was a complete waste to ruin such a weapon for this but if it managed to help the mission then so be it.

"No doubt, a broken pure adamantite weapon will help bring the message across even more severely than strongly worded letters ever could." I looked over my left shoulder to see Demiurge approaching me from behind, behind him, the rest of the guardians were beginning to pour into the throne hall. Before then, the throne hall was only occupied by a very silent Ains who was absorbed in reading something and a lightly slumbering Bahamut who was only half asleep . I silently stared at the smug face of the archdevil, blinking a few times before creasing my brows together. "How did you know Demiurge? I don't believe I have told anyone other than Ains my plans..." I allowed my eyelids to drop and narrowed my eyes at him slightly, though not in an aggressive nor threatening manner even in the slightest, just in pure curiosity.

"I told him about it." Both mine and Demiurge's heads snapped towards Ains who had finally put his book down to speak up. I pouted slightly and readjusted my red festive dress that I still had not changed out of, pushing the light fabric out of the way, I allowed my hand that held the Lance to drop and made my way towards the Draken throne. I slotted my Lance in the crook of Bahamut's elbow, resting its head up against his slumbering body and turned back around to look at the guardians that had gathered in the throne hall.

All the guardians had lined up before the two thrones in their usual 'arrangement', just seeing the familiar scene again after more than a month was more than enough to make my heart clench and squeeze. After this is over, I'm never going to go on such missions again...

You wouldn't leave them, but they will.

My head shot up when I heard the foreign voice, it definitely didn't match anyone here but why did it sound so familiar? My eyes darted around the narrow space of the throne hall before me, the guardians and Ains were too busy discussing something to notice my silent panic and apparently unwarranted alertness. As the minute ticked by, I still could not find the source of the voice, I couldn't even sense where this person was. I glanced over at Ains, he didn't seem to have heard anything as he continued to converse and plan with the guardians. I could feel my brow furrow and draw towards each other, I pulled my lips into a thin line before turning towards Bahamut and rousing him from his light slumber by shaking his head a little. He opened his right eye by a slit and indicated that he was listening, I took one more glance back at the engrossed guardians and stooped down beside his ear to whisper to him. "Did you hear that Bahamut? No one else heard it, but maybe you did seeing as we do have a mind link..."

At that Bahamut raised his head up from resting on his forearms. He turned his head fully towards me, both of his eyes were wide open now. He blinked a few times and took in the scene of the engrossed Ains and guardians behind me before lowering his head down to my height and responded through the mind link so as to not grab any attention of those behind us. "Are you saying, someone used a mind link to speak to you and you do not know who this person is?" I drew a sharp breath before nodding slightly.